• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

aaaannndz

Feb 17, 2020
Ridiculous title I know, but just bare with me.

I'm planning on the SN method (still haven't decided whether I'm gonna be doing it in a hotel or at home when my parent's are at work) and I plan on pulling an all-nighter beforehand to ensure I'll be out, either by the lack of oxygen or sleep. Problem is...I have night terrors sometimes (very infrequently. Only started having them for the first time in my life last year..but had my first one in ~3/4 months last night so it got me thinking..) and I don't want life pulling a cruel prank on me at the last second. I drink it, become unconscious...only to wake up screaming and wailing and attracting a bunch of attention that'll end it in failure.

That's why I'm wondering if there's a difference between manually going to sleep shortly after drinking it vs. becoming unconscious due to the lack of oxygen. Could one method still hold the chance of having a night terror while the other doesn't?

Reactions: SimplyTopHat, xBrialesana and TheDevilsAngel
FreeBIRD

FreeBIRD

Nov 14, 2019
When your unconscious you don't dream it's like being dead

M

MissingIt

Mar 8, 2020
I'm no doctor, but I do have experience being under general anesthesia once. Maybe because of dreaming or whatever, but when I wake up from sleep I feel like time has passed. When I went under anesthesia, it was lights out, lights on. Flick of a switch, felt like no time had passed. I don't know anything about the SN method, but hope that helps.

Reactions: terry_a_davis, aaaannndz and littlelady774
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
I'm no doctor, but I do have experience being under general anesthesia once. Maybe because of dreaming or whatever, but when I wake up from sleep I feel like time has passed. When I went under anesthesia, it was lights out, lights on. Flick of a switch, felt like no time had passed. I don't know anything about the SN method, but hope that helps.
I was in a coma with an average heartrate of 6bpm, it was exactly the same, like time-travel. As to the questions, your brain is still active while sleeping, not so much while unconscious, then not at all when the oxygen starts finishes depleting

Last edited:
Reactions: aaaannndz
A

aaaannndz

Feb 17, 2020

I was in a coma with an average heartrate of 6bpm, it was exactly the same, like time-travel. As to the questions, your brain is still active while sleeping, not so much while unconscious, then not at all when the oxygen starts depleting

Hm okay so I'm hearing that the two experiences are different. Guess I just need to calm myself down before sleeping to avoid self-sabotage...or hope I legitmately knock out, in which case things sound good. Thanks for sharing, both of you!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: xBrialesana and Deleted member 14386
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Honestly it looks like SN acts so quickly (in the cases I've seen here) that you will fall unconscious within 30 mins tops (I think), then you won't be aware of anything anymore

Reactions: Quarky00 and aaaannndz
P

palatinus

Mar 7, 2020
I've had a lot of surgeries in my life. Being under general anesthesia is my happiest "memory." I want to die, to lose perception in that fashion again

Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
In both of them if you won't wake up, you won't feel a thing.
Alan Watts talked a lot about the connection between sleep to death

Reactions: aaaannndz
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
I understand your anxiety of waking up screaming or something of the sort; you are TOTALLY validated!! :heart: I can't give you any sort of answer unfortunately.

Also curious, did you have night terrors as a baby as well?

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
There are various levels of consciousness, from dozing off, through different levels of sleep (represented by different brain wave activity) and into full unconsciousness. It's a really difficult question to answer and has many levels of awareness.
I've had full anaesthesia and it appears to suspend the brain wave patterns of sleep that still sense the passage of time when you are out. It's like flicking a switch. Bang you are out then come back in another x number of hours with no memory.
However, any level of unconsciousness that is not induced by full anaesthesia will still be characterised by brain wave activity and thus arguably subject to some form of subconscious experience, ie. dreams of one form or another. Whilst you are asleep you are still subconsciously aware of your surroundings and still respond to external or internal stimuli, otherwise that alarm clock wouldn't wake you up.
There is really no way of telling because it depends on so many unpredictable factors.

A

aaaannndz

Feb 17, 2020
I understand your anxiety of waking up screaming or something of the sort; you are TOTALLY validated!! :heart: I can't give you any sort of answer unfortunately.

Also curious, did you have night terrors as a baby as well?

Thank you :) and as far as I'm aware..no I didn't. Just randomly started from last year

There are various levels of consciousness, from dozing off, through different levels of sleep (represented by different brain wave activity) and into full unconsciousness. It's a really difficult question to answer and has many levels of awareness.
I've had full anaesthesia and it appears to suspend the brain wave patterns of sleep that still sense the passage of time when you are out. It's like flicking a switch. Bang you are out then come back in another x number of hours with no memory.
However, any level of unconsciousness that is not induced by full anaesthesia will still be characterised by brain wave activity and thus arguably subject to some form of subconscious experience, ie. dreams of one form or another. Whilst you are asleep you are still subconsciously aware of your surroundings and still respond to external or internal stimuli, otherwise that alarm clock wouldn't wake you up.
There is really no way of telling because it depends on so many unpredictable factors.

That's really interesting. I've always wondered why I feel like time's passed when I sleep even though I'm unconscious, your explanation makes total sense as to why. That description of full brain wave suspension sounds very peaceful actually (although I'm sure it can be distressing in a surgery/operation environment)

D

deadalready

Oct 22, 2019
Would Nembutal cause you still have the subconscious experience when you go into unconsciousness?

D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
Would Nembutal cause you still have the subconscious experience when you go into unconsciousness?
I do not think so, from experience with other barbiturates it feels like a blackout/going to sleep, I never dreamt much on benzos/barbs. Also benzos/barbs hell even alcohol has the ability to make it feel like time-travel, I'd imagine it'd be the same. I think it's important to be in bed when taking the N (that's just my random idea that the brain will try to sleep rather than doing something, it's based on zero research) but it'd be like blacking out after some xanax or z-drugs (I would imagine)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea. Consciousness is such a complex and little understood phenomenon.

N

NotOfThisEarth

Jul 5, 2019
In both of them if you won't wake up, you won't feel a thing.
Alan Watts talked a lot about the connection between sleep to death
I love that writer:)

Reactions: Yomyom
N

NotOfThisEarth

Jul 5, 2019
For me, at least he is the holiest person that ever exist, I wish I could live his philosophy
Agreed. Such an evolved human. I do resonate with everything he spoke about which is why, for me, my existence, has been only about hiding who I really am. I can't play the game of life. It's like it's just a joke to me. There's something way superior than planet earth. I guess I kinda feel like I've always just been killing time.

Reactions: Yomyom