• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It looks like a person can long jump over it.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim
B

bwerner

Nov 23, 2023
I doubt it. Also the net is made of metal mesh like a "cheese grater " according to one official I saw in a news story. You will get hurt jumping even if the "net" catches you. They are trying to discourage jumpers this way.

• Wow
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I doubt it. Also the net is made of metal mesh like a "cheese grater " according to one official I saw in a news story. You will get hurt jumping even if the "net" catches you. They are trying to discourage jumpers this way.
Doubt it based on what? How far does it extend? Prolifers are sick fucks

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov, sserafim and 1 other person
Sylveon

Sylveon

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
The nets are meant to deter a person from jumping and curb the death rate of those who still do, though they will likely be badly injured.

"It's stainless-steel wire rope netting, so it's like jumping into a cheese grater," Mulligan said. "It's not soft. It's not rubber. It doesn't stretch."

"We want folks to know that if you come here, it will hurt if you jump," he added.
This is a direct quote from a news article published earlier this year, so nope, it won't work.

There's something about that last quote that sounds so... inhumane (if I'm using the right term); I can't exactly describe it.

• Informative
Reactions: lament., bwerner, Ash and 5 others
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
This is a direct quote from a news article published earlier this year, so nope, it won't work.

There's something about that last quote that sounds so... inhumane (if I'm using the right term); I can't exactly describe it.
Pain is the best deterrent I guess

Reactions: rosenwasser, Sylveon and divinemistress36
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023

"You don't get to leave this life without experiencing pain." They're sadists. No exaggeration.
Pain is the best deterrent I guess
Not really since people are brought to suicide from experiencing pain.

Reactions: 4am, tronix, rosenwasser and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
"You don't get to leave this life without experiencing pain." They're sadists. No exaggeration.

Not really since people are brought to suicide from experiencing pain.
Literally

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
There's a suicide barrier on the bridge that used to be a common spot for suicides in my area too, it's sick.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Re cheese grater "safety" nets — That's demented. This kind of crap is the logical extension of people sitting around and bitching, "I don't care if that asshole wanted to kill himself. Good riddance. Clean up the gene pool. He could have had the decency not to jump here, though. Now the bridge is down to one lane, and my commute is twice as long."

And people wonder why we don't "reach out" and "get help." The people who design the "help" are the same people who design cheese-grater suicide nets. That's why.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, druggedonsurvival, Duckup and 4 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Re cheese grater "safety" nets — That's demented. This kind of crap is the logical extension of people sitting around and bitching, "I don't care if that asshole wanted to kill himself. Good riddance. Clean up the gene pool. He could have had the decency not to jump here, though. Now the bridge is down to one lane, and my commute is twice as long."

And people wonder why we don't "reach out" and "get help." The people who design the "help" are the same people who design cheese-grater suicide nets. That's why.
There are kind therapists but beyond that is an unfeeling "help."

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah don't bother with the Golden Gate Bridge. People in the Bay Area have found better areas. One man jumped from an overpass of the 880 highway and that was good enough. Another was able to jump from the San Jose State University parking lot which is only three levels high. There are also other bridges around you could use that probably won't have annoying little pests lurking around hoping to stroke their own egos by attempting to talk people out of their suicides like the Golden Gate Bridge always had.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah don't bother with the Golden Gate Bridge. People in the Bay Area have found better areas. One man jumped from an overpass of the 880 highway and that was good enough. Another was able to jump from the San Jose State University parking lot which is only three levels high. There are also other bridges around you could use that probably won't have annoying little pests lurking around hoping to stroke their own egos by attempting to talk people out of their suicides like the Golden Gate Bridge always had.
Three levels worked? That's so low. How many feet was it?

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
This is super messed up. They are causing lots more pain by putting up a harsh steel cable net. They want people to suffer. Preventionists only care about forcing us to stay here and taking away all methods which is impossible. I see them as cruel and inhuman monsters. There will always be plenty of other bridges and methods.

Reactions: sserafim, Alexei_Kirillov and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
This is super messed up. They are causing lots more pain by putting up a harsh steel cable net. They want people to suffer. Preventionists only care about forcing us to stay here and taking away all methods which is impossible. I see them as cruel and inhuman monsters. There will always be plenty of other bridges and methods.
Those other good bridges will be inaccessible in a decade

Reactions: sserafim and Alexei_Kirillov
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Three levels worked? That's so low. How many feet was it?
Hmm, looking into it I found that the specific garage used was actually at least five levels high though I could have sworn I remember hearing she only jumped from the third level and succeeded.

No idea how tall it is but I've been to this parking garage so I know it doesn't feel all that tall. Amazingly though someone else managed to also succeed at this location just last year:

• Informative
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Hmm, looking into it I found that the specific garage used was actually at least five levels high though I could have sworn I remember hearing she only jumped from the third level and succeeded.

No idea how tall it is but I've been to this parking garage so I know it doesn't feel all that tall. Amazingly though someone else managed to also succeed at this location just last year:
I think it's foolish to chance it like that. I need to be dead, not in the hospital moaning.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think it's foolish to chance it like that. I need to be dead, not in the hospital moaning.
Agreed. I'm not saying you should use this exact place if you don't want to. I still think other bridges in the area work perfectly fine and don't have any netting yet. I'm merely providing evidence that it can be successful. If you're lucky, I suppose.

Personally I don't think I could jump from anywhere even if it's guaranteed. I'm just too scared of heights for it. I once thought of jumping from my dorm building but it wasn't high enough so I decided not to.

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Maybe so. Those other lesser known bridges that people have been jumping off of for years so far they haven't done anything. Seems unlikely there would ever be enough jumpers in a year to get that kind of attention. So hopefully they wont change anything. There are also cliffs that have to be researched about where to go and find them that would work.

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
How about climbing onto the "net" and then jumping? Still die on impact with water?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
How about climbing onto the "net" and then jumping? Still die on impact with water?
If I were you and I had the option of 200 ft vs 700dt I would choose 700ft