N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah the question is in the title. Is it true that the goal we strive to is in reality the journey we are on in order to fulfill our dreams. Is there really this end goal? It reminds me how my week is structured. Friday is my free day but is this really the purpose of the week just to get free off my responsbilities? Is freedom really being free of responsiblites? I don't feel that special abpout my Fridays. I perceive them as a very short time. And I can't really relax fully due to that fact.
I have many goals I spend my whole energy on in order to achieve them. My life is an insane experience. Though not really a good one.

Maybe it is a misconception and the journey really is the destination. On the other hand this might only be a stupid cliche. For me personally it is sometimes true but not always. It depends on the goals.
I should elaborate more but I am really tired.

Reactions: katagiri83 and Pluto
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
For me it's always been more about the journey than the destination. Think about a videogame, a movie, a book. Finishing them offers answers, or a sense of accomplishment that can feel ecstatic, but then that's quickly withered and discarded. The thrill of the journey will always be more than the end of a journey. There's something sad about closure, even if it's in the context of obtaining things and not losing them.

Ever wandered around in a videogame, with your stats maxed out and all side quests completed? This is the danger that lurks behind endings, good or bad, not having something else to move on to after.

This probably can be tied in with the nihilistic idea that life is meaningless and we just run around attaching ourselves to activities and ideas trying to avoid looking at death in the eyes. To an extent I agree with this although I'm not a materialist.

Reactions: katagiri83, Niko66 and Pluto