N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am not sure about it. It is at least true for me and my sister. For her it was pretty easy to find a partner. For me it seems almost impossible. Though it is quite easy for me to find friends. And she always struggled to find good/ trustworthy friends.

Is this true for men and women in general? For women is it easier to find a partner and for men it is easier to find friends?

As I said I am not certain about it. Maybe I generalize my personal case to other people. This is not unlikely at all.
The only thing I noticed is the following. Dating platforms (for people in the mid-twenties) are full of men and not that many women. For women it is pretty easy to get a lot of likes etc. While many men really struggle with it.

Though I read in older demographics it is more balanced (concerning dating platforms). There might be disadvantages for women. Elder men are more often considered attractive for the public eye (I assume) . I especially think about cases of celebrities. Like Johnny Depp or George Clooney. At least I have the feeling it is more difficult for women to be seen as attractive when they reach a certain age.

I hope this is not offending to some people. As I said I am really not sure whether this stereotype really fits?
And for the observation that women struggle more to get older is only an observation. I don't say women who are older are not attractive. I rather feel like they struggle more when they reach a certain age.

Last edited:
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Stereotypes are generally false.

These certainly aren't true in my personal experience at least.