Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
There is no need for humans to be alive. Humanity just continues because it hopes in vain to achieve anything beyond pointless self-destruction. Every joy it has is accompanied by an infinity of tragedies and still it can't take a hint that living is not the search of happiness or joy or meaning. Is just avoiding death.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Ads and Praestat_Mori
Al Gul

Al Gul

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
From a personal perspective? My own suffering has been worth it, from time to time. It all depends on what I've got going on around me at the time. If you mean in some objective measurable manner, I don't think that's possible.

Reactions: usernamehere, Praestat_Mori and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
It can trigger all sorts of things, positive and negative. Mostly depends on a person's perspective.

Reactions: Al Gul and Praestat_Mori
U

usernamehere

Mar 12, 2023
There is no need for humans to be alive. Humanity just continues because it hopes in vain to achieve anything beyond pointless self-destruction. Every joy it has is accompanied by an infinity of tragedies and still it can't take a hint that living is not the search of happiness or joy or meaning. Is just avoiding death.
Is this why i feel empty all the time?

jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
Some things I am glad that I went through if it means getting to experience the good parts. I don't think that makes the suffering 'worth it' but it was at least tolerable knowing good things followed.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, not for me. In my case I wish to ctb as I don't see suffering as desirable at all, to me all suffering is unnecessary, futile, meaningless and best avoided. I envy those who die as then they lose the ability to suffer, I see it as the most terrible curse having the ability to exist as a conscious being who is able to suffer to extreme amounts all while they are just waiting to die anyway. It disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

Reactions: usernamehere
U

usernamehere

Mar 12, 2023
No, not for me. In my case I wish to ctb as I don't see suffering as desirable at all, to me all suffering is unnecessary, futile, meaningless and best avoided. I envy those who die as then they lose the ability to suffer, I see it as the most terrible curse having the ability to exist as a conscious being who is able to suffer to extreme amounts all while they are just waiting to die anyway. It disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.
I share that same envy

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Depends really. Someone who wants to climb Everest is likely to suffer at times but it's probably that in part that makes it such an achievement. It's one thing if you take on suffering by choice. It's another if it's forced upon you. Even then, some people are still able to see it as something that made them stronger. Depends on the person really. Probably depends on what else they have going on in their lives. If suffering is all they have- then no- I doubt they'll see much use for it. Some religious people seem to embrace their suffering.

I read a book once where this irritating author said women should enjoy menstral cramps because it binds them to their female bodies- which they should feel grateful for. Something like that and yes- I think it was a male author. But yeah- I've read other weird notions that pain should be experienced as something that reminds us of our physical bodies- supposedly a good thing. Can't say I go for those theories at all.

Reactions: Celerity