V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
So if I impulsively just stabbed myself in the neck on a whim and then sliced my neck open, is that a certain death? Sure it would be very painful, I can imagine, but it would be too late at that point, right? I would die for sure, wouldn't I?

• Hugs
Reactions: Booman, M30W and ladylazarus4
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
The problem is that it is nearly impossible to actually do that. It takes very strong will and low survival instinct.

Reactions: MBiopic, willitpass, Booman and 1 other person
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
The problem is that it is nearly impossible to actually do that. It takes very strong will and low survival instinct.
Will? Well, I am fucked then. I have will as much as I have skills and passions. Zero.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I have seen a video of someone succeeding. But I don't think they did one quick stab. They've been slicing it a couple of times.

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
I have seen a video of someone succeeding. But I don't think they did one quick stab. They've been slicing it a couple of times.
that sounds so horrifying and painful, like self immolation kind of. That person must've been so desperate. This is why we need a peaceful pill.

Reactions: Booman, DontTouchMeImFamous and Neowise
HopingOnaMiracle

HopingOnaMiracle

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I seen it in the movie Caché (2005). Good movie if you are interested. It's about trauma and revenge.

Reactions: M30W
Mizzlizzy

Mizzlizzy

Sep 3, 2024
that sounds terrible ):

Reactions: ladylazarus4
G

girlsfoodgear

Jul 21, 2023
i used to work somewhere that dealt with frequent suicide attempts, and the first incident i experienced was a guy doing this exact thing. the photos of his bedroom where he attempted were horrible; i guess he'd hit an artery because it looked like there was more blood covering the room than in his body at that point. he was taken to hospital and he just about survived, and when i next saw him he had a massive scar all around his neck that really shocked me to look at even knowing what had caused it.

wouldn't recommend. OP, i know you might be desperate, but if you're set on CTB you'd be doing yourself a disservice with such a gruesome and unreliable method and you don't deserve that horrible a death. please reconsider.

Reactions: Booman, DontTouchMeImFamous and ladylazarus4
M30W

M30W

The bus is late?
Dec 7, 2023
My dad had a friend who did this. He told me if I ever tried suicide and did it this way he said he would know I felt true pain and would forgive. Any other way he would feel like he had a chance to save me. I don't know if me saying this makes you feel any different about anything but I think it's an easy way to CTB but still make sure your looking at all your options and know what your getting yourself into and I hope you find happiness in whatever decision you make :)
And one more thing if you ever ever ever have a reason to leave a letter it's a reason to stay. I wouldn't tell anyone on this site what they should and shouldn't do just hoping you find happiness

Reactions: DontTouchMeImFamous
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Short answer, yes.

Kassiee

Kassiee

I'll never be what I once was.
Apr 10, 2023
This sounds really painful but im not against it at all, how could you drive yourself to do this?

Olek Messier 87

Olek Messier 87

Student
Sep 1, 2024
It's not a bad idea, it's more like the Alien Queen of bad ideas.
Sorry for the humor, there's really nothing to laugh about here. Besides, I knew a man in his 40s who committed suicide by stabbing himself about forty times, he was bipolar, and he was a good man, an original, and in total emotional distress... I can't even imagine the level of global suffering that leads to doing such a thing. So, yeah, don't even consider doing that, literally anything in life is better than this.

Last edited:
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
This sounds really painful but im not against it at all, how could you drive yourself to do this?
by being stupid, i would stupidly decide to do that without thinking much and then suffer like hell
My dad had a friend who did this. He told me if I ever tried suicide and did it this way he said he would know I felt true pain and would forgive. Any other way he would feel like he had a chance to save me. I don't know if me saying this makes you feel any different about anything but I think it's an easy way to CTB but still make sure your looking at all your options and know what your getting yourself into and I hope you find happiness in whatever decision you make :)
And one more thing if you ever ever ever have a reason to leave a letter it's a reason to stay. I wouldn't tell anyone on this site what they should and shouldn't do just hoping you find happiness
I have never been thoughtful or careful about any decision in my life. I am thinking about this method because in my mind, it sounds simple, quick and and just requires a knife. It probably is way tougher than that but in my mind it doesn't feel like because I am stupid

Last edited: