• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
What if we simply ask the seller about the purity? The purity test seems like a big headache to carry out.

Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
If u want successful ctb , my advice is to buy sn test

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No need as long as its direct from a reputable supplier such as the manufacturer.

I wouldn't buy from all the darknet sellers, could be a scam.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and kvsvenky100
K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
Yes, agreed. I'm buying it from IndiaMart.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
The test should be pretty easy / inexpensive to source really - and I'd say it's absolutely worthwhile. The seller could say anything they wanted if it gets them a sale.

Hardest thing for me was the distilled water. The other bits were very simple and cheap to order online.

K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
The test should be pretty easy / inexpensive to source really - and I'd say it's absolutely worthwhile. The seller could say anything they wanted if it gets them a sale.

Hardest thing for me was the distilled water. The other bits were very simple and cheap to order online.
Did you do the blood test as well?

D

Deleted member 65988

The seller could say anything they wanted if it gets them a sale.
I have to disagree here unless the source where you bought the SN is questionable to begin with. First of all, most reputable chemical suppliers will provide an MSDS and COA which is mandatory for selling any chemical in order to authenticate its assay and the Safety data sheet to be aware of precautions and warnings to take note of. Not every seller out there will say anything if it gets them a sale if it directly puts their business practice into question, there's been plenty of people who've bought sn and did not conduct the test. SN is less likely to be a chemical that'll be questionable in purity because how its produced and tested, tested according to standards it has to adhere to before it goes on sale because the target audience will be people who will need sn to be as pure possible with as few impurities as possible needed for analysis work in the lab. We aren't the chemical manufacturers target audience to where they wouldn't mind lying about the purity in order to just make a sale because we're desperate to get our hands on SN and they know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kvsvenky100
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...šŸ˜¢
Aug 19, 2019
I live in India.

That's great. I'm still unsure whether to do the test or not...
If you have the things you need to do the test I would do it.

D

Deleted member 65988

That's great. I'm still unsure whether to do the test or not...
If you can then go for it. Just be aware that the Aquarium test does not specifically mention the purity of Sodium Nitrite because its primary purpose is to determine the presence of nitrite ions in water, rather than to assess the purity of the chemical being used.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, Mayonaise, kvsvenky100 and 1 other person
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
If you can then go for it. Just be aware that the Aquarium test does not specifically mention the purity of Sodium Nitrite because its primary purpose is to determine the presence of nitrite ions in water, rather than to assess the purity of the chemical being used.
That is a very good point, aquarium strips are not made to test the presence of SN. Also they can give different results from brand to brand which shows they aren't so reliable at all.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

That is a very good point, aquarium strips are not made to test the presence of SN. Also they can give different results from brand to brand which shows they aren't so reliable at all.
It's specifically meant to detect the level of Nitrite ions in water that could be potentially harmful to Fish in a tank, whilst the Aquarium test can be able to differentiate between Nitrate and Nitrite, because Nitrite is more toxic but it doesn't necessarily tell the purity alone. It's why one of the Hazard statements of SN is H400- very toxic to aquatic life.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
Hmm, I hadn't considered that aspect.
So even if the nitrite strip test comes back as high, you're saying it may not mean that the sn purity is high enough to accomplish it's purpose?

I've tested some and it gets a high reading for nitrites, but what you've said has made me slightly concerned :/
I think it's reasonable quality, but the purity isn't mentioned on the packaging.

D

Deleted member 65988

I've tested some and it gets a high reading for nitrites, but what you've said has made me slightly concerned :/
I think it's reasonable quality, but the purity isn't mentioned on the packaging.
I stated what the Aquarium test is specifically for but I don't think that should be reason to worry unless you already have concerns over your source.

So even if the nitrite strip test comes back as high, you're saying it may not mean that the sn purity is high enough to accomplish it's purpose?
Not necessarily, it may just not reveal what purity the SN is. It may be pure but you just won't know how pure.

Reactions: PrettyPotato
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
It would be worth testing. I have seen many failure cases because somebody got food grade SN instead of 95+ "pure" SN, or because they only took 10 grams and not 25 grams with a backup cup of another 25 grams, or because they mixed it with soda or tea and it converted to something else or upset their tummy and made them puke most of it out, or they didn't take anti emitics. Please do some more research and try testing best you can I think it is worth a try if you're committed to CTB.

Reactions: Sid19