D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Is shotgun better than sn? It seems like so many variables are included. Hard to just pick one and stick to it. Have had my sn for a year afraid to use it because of fear of failure

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
if you don't care what happens to your body and have what it takes the pull the trigger shotgun is more reliable. it is possible to fail with sn but it is nearly guaranteed if you aren't found and follow procedure

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori, Huggs and 1 other person
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
There are many failures with sodium nitrite. Plastic bag method is better.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
We don't really need a long SN polemical thread.

I suggest you read the various precious threads on the subject and come to your own conclusions as to whether it is acceptable method for you.

Though if you're able to discharge the shotgun, not much beats that purely in terms as a suicide method.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

There are many failures with sodium nitrite. Plastic bag method is better.
Of course they are many failures because only the failed cases can come back and tell us it didn't work. Logic much?

@mmikkee1

I think you also need to understand that fear of failure will always be a problem regardless of how secure you feel with your method and no matter how good it is. Be it N or shotgun, we've heard of all kinds of cases where people survive both of those surefire methods so in any case, since you have fear of failure with Sn, that doesn't mean it'll go away with a method that is better like shotgun or Inert gas. That's part of the mental process that goes into this, there will be that fear factor no matter how much you try to mitigate it, that's just how SI works after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Of course they are many failures because only the failed cases can come back and tell us it didn't work. Logic much?

@mmikkee1

I think you also need to understand that fear of failure will always be a problem regardless of how secure you feel with your method and no matter how good it is. Be it N or shotgun, we've heard of all kinds of cases where people survive both of those surefire methods so in any case, since you have fear of failure with Sn, that doesn't mean it'll go away with a method that is better like shotgun or Inert gas. That's part of the mental process that goes into this, there will be that fear factor no matter how much you try to mitigate it, that's just how SI works after all.
Yeah that's what I thought too. Thanks for clarifying

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
I also have the same issue with sn and fear of going through the process. I thought of taking normal dosage of 1 x 0.5 mg of xanax in day 1 and day 2 of the 48 hour regime in the morning (it doesn't make me sleepy) to counteract that fear. It is a problem

Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Its a decent method. Shotgun is better.

Reactions: Huggs
D

Deleted member 65988

I also have the same issue with sn and fear of going through the process. I thought of taking normal dosage of 1 x 0.5 mg of xanax in day 1 and day 2 of the 48 hour regime in the morning (it doesn't make me sleepy) to counteract that fear. It is a problem
Do what you can to help with whatever fear of failure you have, thing is, you aren't the first to have concerns over that and definitely won't be the last.

Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
A shotgun is more reliable. If I had access to it I would use it. But SN is pretty decent and it's what's in reach for me, it'll be what I use.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I think there are far better methods than sn. It just seems too much of a drawn out way to go.
I prefer the thought of jumping, or N, if N could be ever be a thing anymore.