• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
It suddenly occurred to me tonight, when I was thinking about do I truly want to die or do I just want this all to end, people sometimes warn that if some methods fail you risk brain damage, but if the brain damage was severe enough, so you might be a persistent vegetative state but not dead. Then this hell would end but I'd still be alive so my brother wouldn't be so upset. Or would that prolong things for him? Obviously its impossible to calculate how to do it, but fears of brain damage are maybe overexaggerated because if you don't know, and these feelings are gone, surely it would be ideal. And if you did die, yeah I've upset my brother more but can't help that. Thoughts?

Reactions: restingplace
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Not good, I have undefined cognitive decline, it is not fun. But I can't tell u wats best for u

• Aww..
Reactions: alltoomuch2
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I have thought about this. I think it depends on how much awareness you have. You're right that there is a difference between what it looks like on the outside versus what people are actually experiencing (or not). Some people who have failed carbon monoxide or hangings for example were reduced to the intelligence of a toddler or lower and that is horrible looking on the outside but what are they experiencing in their own minds? And of course being left brain-dead but still alive is essentially the same as being dead completely.

But even naturally it makes sense to want to avoid that outcome for your life regardless of what you actually would experience.

And its not like you can predict what damage you end up with. You definitely don't want to develop cognitive problems that worsen your quality of life that probably was already struggling or be left with enough awareness that you know you are a shell of what you used to be.

But in regards to your specific question, being left sort of alive probably makes it harder for family members in some ways. They may have trouble giving up hope that you can recover or struggle with the question of turning off life support.

Reactions: CHOSEVIOLENCE
twin size mattress

twin size mattress

Oct 1, 2023
Personally, the thought of severe brain damage terrifies me. Mostly because i dont have control over the damage i do and i'm scared of still being somewhat aware. However, i feel like being a vegetable or having my intelligence reduced to that of a toddler's would just prolong the mental suffering. Especially because they'd know it was from a ctb attempt, and even if youre 'alive' seeing a loved one in a vegetative state would still be pretty heartbreaking. That and i'm personally scared of becoming a greater burden to them.

alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Not good, I have undefined cognitive decline, it is not fun. But I can't tell u wats best for u
I'm sorry and I hope I didn't upset you. I suppose in my stupid head I was imagining that I wouldn't be aware any more. But I shouldn't have posted the question. It's no defence but I don't think clearly when I'm having a meltdown. Please forgive me.
You see, that proves it, I always say hurtful things without meaning to. I'm so sorry everyone. Please no one else answer this question. Just let it die like it should.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and astr4
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
You see, that proves it, I always say hurtful things without meaning to. I'm so sorry everyone. Please no one else answer this question. Just let it die like it should.

H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Let answer this correctly, it's a personal thing, I don't know what your illnesses are but there are ways to relieve suffering, if you want to not make it hard for your loved ones. Hell i'm in the same boat

A

anxiousguineapig

May 4, 2022
I can't see how surviving in a persistent vegatative state would be any better for family in the long run. Initially it might be - "oh there's hope, they might wake up!" - but in the long run they're still losing you, except that instead of happening all at once, it's a gradual slide into hopelessness. Plus, they might eventually have to decide to withdraw life support.
I don't think fears of brain damage are really about a permanent coma though. The issue is that the same circumstances that will put you in that state will lead to you surviving and regaining consciousness with severe physical and/or cognitive disabilities if you happen to be found 30 minutes earlier or whatever, and that is an outcome very few people find acceptable. Personally I wouldn't care about ending up in a persistent vegetative state if not for my family, but the idea of ending up with a severe disability that prevents me from living independently is far scarier.