• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jack4230

Jack4230

Lame
Sep 8, 2019
most of the time I feel hopeless and that recovery isn't possible. I know there are people who have recovered and live better lived but is it likely. Has anyone on here recovered/is close to recovering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Moonicide, Woodnote and 1 other person
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
For sure it is possible. When people can beat cancer, why not mental illness. Lot of people do recover, that is why we have psychiatrists and psychologists to help us. We might feel things are not working but that is the manifestation of your illness. Surround yourself with positive people and activities, don't have high expectations. Oh, I don't even know what exactly you are trying to recover from, is it depression?

Reactions: protonic76, Moonicide, Susannah and 2 others
Jack4230

Jack4230

Lame
Sep 8, 2019
For sure it is possible. When people can beat cancer, why not mental illness. Lot of people do recover, that is why we have psychiatrists and psychologists to help us. We might feel things are not working but that is the manifestation of your illness. Surround yourself with positive people and activities, don't have high expectations. Oh, I don't even know what exactly you are trying to recover from, is it depression?
Just mental illness in general, Ive been suicidal for years and it seems like it will never end

ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Just mental illness in general, Ive been suicidal for years and it seems like it will never end
I feel for you Jack. I hope you have enough support irl to help you through this. If not, feel free to message me and I'll see what I can do for you.

• Love
Reactions: protonic76, Sensei, Susannah and 1 other person
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Do you know what first caused you to become suicidal ?

cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
Ask yourself if you can still find safety and comfort to confide in somewhere on this earth. If the answer is yes then recovery is possible.

• Love
Reactions: Susannah and almaranthine
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
If anything tempts you to hope, what others define as "recovery" is in the realm of possibility. I wouldn't call it recovery... I would say it is more about accepting the length of one's life... the "sentence" one is either condemned to or gifted with. That which propels you to continue, despite all uncertainty, with dignity, is what really matters in the scheme of things. If you can identify that thing and hold on to it indefinitely, you can "recover."

Reactions: Susannah
V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
Depends on your ailment.

Reactions: Susannah
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I don't know your diagnose, but I believe it's possible to recover, in general. A few factors (my opinion) will make recovery more easy.

1. Support and care. Maybe from friends or family. Even therapists can play an important role here.
2. Be sceptic towards meds (SSRI) and don't end up at psych ward (unless you want to).
3. You! Our mind sometimes works against us, but we can turn it. Try to control your thoughts. Practice on this. Tell yourself loud (in front of a mirror) that you're good! You are amazing! You have control! You can be happy!

This actually works for me, but it's not ever lasting. My "mood" swings all the time. From being depressed one morning, to feel normal, or even great the same evening. I can have a really bad week, or month, then suddenly I feel good a few days. And so goes my life...

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The short answer is yes, I do believe it is possible (it depends on how you define them though). Even in the short term. I had many short term and a few prolonged recoveries, at least to a functional and tolerable level. I went from actively wishing I was dead and even readying myself for death to calling it off and just have the idea of death on the back-burner (it is still there but just not imminent or soon).

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
It depends what the issue is. Sometimes recovery can happen. However, sometimes it isn't. Just like you won't recover from a terminal illness.