aikoelis6

aikoelis6

Dec 9, 2019
My boyfriend got me to try. I tried for two years. The entire two years I feel like nothing has changed, in fact, my mental state has definitely gotten worse. I'm autistic and have bpd. My life feels like a waking nightmare and I don't think recovery is possible. I want to keep trying for my boyfriend but as the years go by nothing changes in my physical, mental, emotional, or even spiritual state. I'm losing hope, but I don't want to leave my boyfriend here. I feel so selfish. Why can't I get better, even a little bit...

• Hugs
Reactions: AscendedBeing, chloramine, Someone123 and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Autism and bpd are hard to treat. BPD often gets worse before it gets better. But a good therapist can help with both. And on the plus side, BPD naturally gets better with age after about 40

aikoelis6

aikoelis6

Dec 9, 2019
yeah. it's sad because therapy is so expensive. I could never see myself living for that long, though.

LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
Very much relate to all of this. You aren't alone in these feelings- but i believe, genuinely, if you have some reason to continue that isn't overpowered by all the bad in your life... then you should grab onto it if you can, and keep trying.

Obviously.. easier said then done, and sometimes- or maybe even all the time- you don't want to keep trying. It's hard. But it's possible.
BPD with autism sucks. So many breakdowns.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
BPD naturally gets better with age after about 40
As a person in his fifties I have not found this to be the case- iut depends on if the things in your life that are bringing you down get better, but it doesn't just happen automatically. For me it seems like it has gotten worse because I have similar problems and less time to solve them in. For things to get better you need to make progress against the underlying causes of ctb, such as loneliness and financial concerns.
yeah. it's sad because therapy is so expensive. I could never see myself living for that long, though.
There may be autism websites or support groups on your area that don't cost anything, I have been searching online but some things look promising and then there isn't as much help there as I thought- I still think good free resources might be found this way, I'll keep looking. Maybe you and your boyfriend or others you know can also look for resources in your state/area, or maybe others on this site can help in the search.

Last edited:
BritishPaul

BritishPaul

irl comic relief
Feb 11, 2023
My boyfriend got me to try. I tried for two years. The entire two years I feel like nothing has changed, in fact, my mental state has definitely gotten worse. I'm autistic and have bpd. My life feels like a waking nightmare and I don't think recovery is possible. I want to keep trying for my boyfriend but as the years go by nothing changes in my physical, mental, emotional, or even spiritual state. I'm losing hope, but I don't want to leave my boyfriend here. I feel so selfish. Why can't I get better, even a little bit...
Evaluate what you've tried first. Organise what you've done right and done wrong in your path to recovery. Seek help from friends if you need. Seriously take a moment to be fair with yourself and please get help from others if you need it. I believe in you.

D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
To evaluate if a goal is achievable, it's best to first define the goal. What does the recovery mean for you? What does it mean to others? Do we have any official definition of being recovered? Is it the same for everything possible, or are there different criteria for people with various diagnoses? I mean to recover, but from WHAT? From being suicidal? So when a person who was suicidal dies of other causes, preferably old age, it's ticked as a positive outcome?
Sorry for making it so surreal, but it is kinda surreal once you try to make it rational.
Certainly people who were suicidal when young do die of old age sometimes. But I guess that may not be exactly what you want to know. What you really want to know? Maybe if recovery is possible for YOU? I doubt anyone would know that. With physical illness, plenty of people recover from cancer, and at the same time plenty of people die from flu. I guess it can be as uncertain with the mental illness.

Reactions: BritishPaul