thirdrailer

thirdrailer

Oct 24, 2020
The subject questions says it all. My life has felt pointless for decades. It feels like I've been bailing water of my lifeboat just fast enough to not sink. If I could flip a switch and end my consciousness and leave my body on autopilot, I would.

I'm not even sure what sort of support I'm looking for. Posting in recovery rather than, well, I guess more of me wants to recover than not.

I think CTB might be self-care.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, SMmetalhead36, Aim and 3 others
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
I think any reason to CBT is a valid reason. As long as you're sure you want to die and you're not making an irrational decision, than I think it's fine. I'm not sure that this is the kind of response you want. I can't give you reasons to live, you have to find that out for yourself.

• Love
Reactions: misophoned, SMmetalhead36, Rouge4000 and 1 other person
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me šŸ’™
Nov 1, 2023
Aimlessness is a common reason for depression and suicidality, but it's quite possible to get out of it. Finding a goal is harder than just saying it though, but maybe you could do some brainstorming on dreams you've had in the post.

You don't need justification to die though, and I think most of the forum would tell you that. They can't exactly measure your pain and call you unworthy of death, it's just not realistic.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, UnwillingSavior, thirdrailer and 3 others
Rouge4000

Rouge4000

Alone
Sep 27, 2023
ctb isn't self care that's such a odd way to look at things. At the end of the day it's a choice you as a human being can make it's up to you to decide. There is no such thing as "not a good reason" to die different things effect people differently

• Love
Reactions: $crim, UnwillingSavior and thirdrailer
L

Ludivinicus

Nov 23, 2023
I don't think it's a good reason to ctb. Life has no meaning nor do we have an assigned purpose in itself; I believe that simply by finding hobbies/passions/people you connect with, you will be much better off than you are currently
I mean, if not having a purpose in life or a reason to live were a reason to commit suicide, I think many more people than you currently believe would have depression and want to commit suicide. There are no good reasons per se for living or dying; each person creates their own
And since you don't have good reasons to die, I think it's easier for you to lean towards finding good reasons to live.

• Informative
Reactions: younmestyxtogether, UnwillingSavior and thirdrailer
thirdrailer

thirdrailer

Oct 24, 2020
So I did a pro-con list inspired by some of your responses, and I think I'm suffering from burnout.

Since, like, middle school. I'm about 40.

Whoops.

L

Ludivinicus

Nov 23, 2023
So I did a pro-con list inspired by some of your responses, and I think I'm suffering from burnout.

Since, like, middle school. I'm about 40.

Whoops.

That could be potentially fixable. Try, you have nothing to lose. After all, if you wanna commit you can just do it after trying everything that's on your hand to be happy, suicide is a resort that is always there.

Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Yess, ctb is self care. :) no one deserves to live with cronic pain forever. No mather what the reason.

Reactions: MarsProxy and SMmetalhead36
Light Dreamer

Light Dreamer

Also a dedicated rain enjoyer
Dec 4, 2023
Yeah, I think? I'd argue you don't really need a reason to live. But that is if living wasn't pain so what you need is a reason that makes pushing through this pain worth it. You can do it, everybody can but if they don't have a reason to do so then why would they suffer for nothing? "What's the point?"

L

Ludivinicus

Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, I think? I'd argue you don't really need a reason to live. But that is if living wasn't pain so what you need is a reason that makes pushing through this pain worth it. You can do it, everybody can but if they don't have a reason to do so then why would they suffer for nothing? "What's the point?"
Living isn't pain, it's our circumstances.