Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
of waking up day after day chasing meaning in a meaningless universe?

I'm running out of distractions. This life is ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Echoko, meerpasta and 11 others
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
It is.
Life FOR EVERYONE just consists of school and or university, then work, eventually marriage and kids, retirement and death. I don't want to be part of such a senseless cycle.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Nymph, ARW3N and 7 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
It is.
Life FOR EVERYONE just consists of school and or university, then work, eventually marriage and kids, retirement and death. I don't want to be part of such a senseless cycle.
It's a Hell in its own right.

Reactions: NoGameNoLife, Chiyuki99 and tryingtoescape
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
It's a Hell in its own right.
Life is hell and boring. I only see joy in it for people who are super rich and can spend their time doing whatever they want. For "normal" people life is nothing.

Reactions: Jojo81
katyhere

katyhere

Jan 23, 2020
of waking up day after day chasing meaning in a meaningless universe?

I'm running out of distractions. This life is ridiculous.

Wish I could give you some perspective or insight but this is exactly how I feel as well. This world is absurd and meaningless, everything has been made up and defined by mankind, it doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Élégie, NoGameNoLife, SNOB and 3 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
100%! Why should I work for most of my life just to meet my basic needs and go on to suffer for years and years?

Reactions: NoGameNoLife, x-Ace-x, Outsider and 2 others
VabeniPokojneTmy

VabeniPokojneTmy

reMember
Jun 6, 2020
One big YES for me.

Reactions: NoGameNoLife, x-Ace-x and Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I think this is part of why suicides are increasing. A lot of people are unemployed now because of the pandemic and are able to look at life clearly.

Reactions: Élégie, NoGameNoLife, x-Ace-x and 3 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I think this is part of why suicides are increasing. A lot of people are unemployed now because of the pandemic and are able to look at life clearly.

that's a good point! I look back to how I was living before COVID shutdowns (mostly work, no leisure) and I could never go back to that.

Reactions: NoGameNoLife and Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
that's a good point! I look back to how I was living before COVID shutdowns (mostly work, no leisure) and I could never go back to that.
How long could you have stayed doing that if the pandemic never happened?

aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Find me in the sweetest oblivion
Jun 27, 2020
Slaving away for the next 40 years of my life? Yeah, I think I'll pass.

Reactions: infinitelove, Élégie, Leshen and 4 others
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
YES. Absurdism as a philosophy makes a lot of sense to me. I have a personal philosophy that's a mish mash of existentialism, absurdism and nihilism. I hear you.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, NoGameNoLife and Close_to_freedom
aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Find me in the sweetest oblivion
Jun 27, 2020
Why have older generations been content with that?

I believe older generations had simpler lives and less to stress about on a daily basis, leading to not-as-damaged mental states as newer generations may experience.

Reactions: x-Ace-x, Close_to_freedom and Outsider
katyhere

katyhere

Jan 23, 2020
Why have older generations been content with that?

There is a book I read that for me explains this matter (celestine prophecy). Looking at history, we used to have meaning in life and see a purpose; obtaining a place in heaven. God explained why we were here and what we were supposed to do. Then people started looking more into things, new truths came to light and people their purpose was taken away. People were send out in the world to find new meaning and in the meanwhile when we are waiting for answers we raised our standard of living. However, we got stuck in this process and for a long time forgot that we actually have no idea why we are here. And I think this awareness, of how meaningless life is, has come to us again and we see now that nobody has come back with answers.

Reactions: Echoko and Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I believe older generations had simpler lives and less to stress about on a daily basis, leading to not-as-damaged mental states as newer generations may experience.
The internet has ruined us. We've consumed more information by our 20s than most people used to in a lifetime.

Reactions: aedric_artifact
Outsider

Outsider

deep in darkness
Apr 1, 2020
Overpopulation and capitalism. I live in post communism country and a lot of old people when asked about life before tell me life in communism was better. Sure there were less goods and long queues but you were given guaranteed job, a house, safe streets, basically stress free life. Overpopulation means every human live is now worth less then ever in human history.

Back to topic yeah life is crazy. Maybe we are in hell. I hope death will end this madness.

Reactions: Odd_Duck, NoGameNoLife, Close_to_freedom and 1 other person
T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019
Yes. To be able to have basic necessities, people need to play a role in society by going to school, getting a job, and make sure that cycle continues. I don't want to be apart of this any more than I already have. It's hell.

Reactions: NoGameNoLife and x-Ace-x
NotMemorableEnough

NotMemorableEnough

Feb 25, 2019
The internet has ruined us. We've consumed more information by our 20s than most people used to in a lifetime.
I think the internet is good.
suffering and mental illness were always a thing but with all the information we can easily access we can be more aware of these problems.
I think the problem is our system everything is about being happy, instead of working together, to minimize pain and sufferingwe manipulate others for our own benefits.

I don't know why it's that way but I think the reason behind this attitude is why life is worse than it could be.

Reactions: NoGameNoLife
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Strangely enough, many of the people I know who have spoken and written eloquently of the meaninglessness and absurdity of life, such as Woody Allen and Albert Camus, haven't killed themselves.

Reactions: sadghost and Abgrundanziehung
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It is.
I'm glad there's someone out there that has the same mindset. This is thought is always in my mind. I hate life, I don't want to go thought something like that.

• Love
Reactions: ARW3N
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I'm glad there's someone out there that has the same mindset. This is thought is always in my mind. I hate life, I don't want to go thought something like that.
Many people have tried to break that cycle. Buddha left behind his wife, son and a life his father had planned out for him. Remove the religious component and you see an existentialist at heart.

Reactions: pleasectb
M

meerpasta

Jan 29, 2020
No one has still proven that life has any objective meaning. Gods remain unproven and nihilism, although not desirable, has become the most likely truth. At least from our own human perspective, it really seems like the universe has no particular use for us. Makes any arbitrary human-made purposes to life ultimately useless, especially when you're just suffering either way. It's so absurd that it's not really surprising that people hold onto blind hope with beliefs such as "god has a plan" or "I'll find happiness eventually" or just try to ignore it all and let their emotions guide them entirely.

Reactions: Echoko