C

Chietal

Sep 1, 2024
I took an overdose of 500mg olanzapine and within 10 minutes it knocked me out with no vomiting or pain. It was a failed attempt because I was found by my family.

I was then moved to the hospital where I was in a coma for a week. I had no injuries when I got discharged so I think it's a a safe method. I would definitely try it again but maybe increase dose to 2g.

Reactions: annikae
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
"Reliable" is a relative term. People have died from relatively small overdoses. People, like you, have survived large overdoses.

2g is exceptionally high. That's a lot of tablets.

needthebus

needthebus

Student
Apr 29, 2024
I took an overdose of 500mg olanzapine and within 10 minutes it knocked me out with no vomiting or pain. It was a failed attempt because I was found by my family.

I was then moved to the hospital where I was in a coma for a week. I had no injuries when I got discharged so I think it's a a safe method. I would definitely try it again but maybe increase dose to 2g.
Were you in a coma and at risk of death due to organ failure or just in a coma because you were sleepy since you took a lot of Olanzapine? A safe method probably isn't a method, although perhaps that's a good thing. Has anyone died that way ever?

C

Chietal

Sep 1, 2024
Were you in a coma and at risk of death due to organ failure or just in a coma because you were sleepy since you took a lot of Olanzapine? A safe method probably isn't a method, although perhaps that's a good thing. Has anyone died that way ever?
I was in coma because I was sleepy.

needthebus

needthebus

Student
Apr 29, 2024
I was in coma because I was sleepy.
sorry perhaps this was a stupid thing for me to say. i don't have medical training. i just don't understand how olanzapine could cause a coma and no organ damage and also be a viable method of death.

C

Chietal

Sep 1, 2024
sorry perhaps this was a stupid thing for me to say. i don't have medical training. i just don't understand how olanzapine could cause a coma and no organ damage and also be a viable method of death.
I had respiratory arrest.

• Aww..
Reactions: needthebus
needthebus

needthebus

Student
Apr 29, 2024
"Reliable" is a relative term. People have died from relatively small overdoses. People, like you, have survived large overdoses.

2g is exceptionally high. That's a lot of tablets.
do people die from olanzapine doses?
I had respiratory arrest.
oh sorry.

i am an idiot and an asshole sometimes. i realize how condescending the initial response to your post sounded now. sorry. my life has been awful and it's made me awful at times. hence my needing the bus

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonkpils