• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

MrHastatti

Feb 4, 2024
Will using 2 disposable grills and putting them in my car after the smoke clears work fine? The total package weight of it is 1.2 kg. Does this have a high chance of working or should I get more grills?

M

moron

Nov 14, 2023
I would recommend a CO meter that can measure in ppm- this is a more complex and expensive device that a mere CO detector.

I would ask if you've made sure that the grills aren't going to catch anything on fire in the car, the stuff in upholstery and seat padding is probably flammable to some degree. Also be prepared for it to be very hot in the car, especially if you have multiple grills.

My experience with charcoal CO was not successful, obviously since I'm posting here lol. I was seriously trying to catch the bus, by which I mean it was an attempt and not a gesture. I did it in my bathroom, I put a CO detector in the room, I filled the tub with cool water and brought the grill in once the smoke had stopped, and let it release gas into the room. I heard my CO detector go off, entered and closed the door climbed into the tub. After five to ten minutes I started to feel really nauseous, and I panicked and exited the room and slept for a long time

I think from what I've read, CO is quickly lethal and makes you go unconscious at very very high levels. But at moderate levels, like the environment I created in my bathroom, while still lethal, CO at these levels does not make you go unconscious so rapidly, and it can cause the nausea and discomfort that I experienced.

If I had known about a CO measuring meter, and if I had confirmation that the gas had built up to super lethal levels, perhaps my attempt would have succeeded.

So I would suggest a CO meter to measure the levels of the gas that's collecting in your car, and I would enter the car at a time when the CO concentration has reached these amounts.

Once the CO gets high enough and you open the door to enter, the levels will temporarily drop as you break the seal, but they will build back up as that charcoal continues to cook.

Again, take this advice with a grain of salt, as it only reflects what I learned after my own failed attempt.

Good luck to you

• Informative
Reactions: rozeske
M

MrHastatti

Feb 4, 2024
Never thought about using a CO meter, that definitely seems like it would make this method more reliable. Thanks for the help

Reactions: moron
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Does this have a high chance of working or should I get more grills?
You can consider thermal decomposition of sodium oxalate as an alternative to using additional grills. Sodium oxalate decomposes to sodium carbonate and carbon monoxide upon heating above 270 - 290 C.

Last edited:
Reactions: moron
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I would recommend a CO meter that can measure in ppm- this is a more complex and expensive device that a mere CO detector.

I would ask if you've made sure that the grills aren't going to catch anything on fire in the car, the stuff in upholstery and seat padding is probably flammable to some degree. Also be prepared for it to be very hot in the car, especially if you have multiple grills.

My experience with charcoal CO was not successful, obviously since I'm posting here lol. I was seriously trying to catch the bus, by which I mean it was an attempt and not a gesture. I did it in my bathroom, I put a CO detector in the room, I filled the tub with cool water and brought the grill in once the smoke had stopped, and let it release gas into the room. I heard my CO detector go off, entered and closed the door climbed into the tub. After five to ten minutes I started to feel really nauseous, and I panicked and exited the room and slept for a long time

I think from what I've read, CO is quickly lethal and makes you go unconscious at very very high levels. But at moderate levels, like the environment I created in my bathroom, while still lethal, CO at these levels does not make you go unconscious so rapidly, and it can cause the nausea and discomfort that I experienced.

If I had known about a CO measuring meter, and if I had confirmation that the gas had built up to super lethal levels, perhaps my attempt would have succeeded.

So I would suggest a CO meter to measure the levels of the gas that's collecting in your car, and I would enter the car at a time when the CO concentration has reached these amounts.

Once the CO gets high enough and you open the door to enter, the levels will temporarily drop as you break the seal, but they will build back up as that charcoal continues to cook.

Again, take this advice with a grain of salt, as it only reflects what I learned after my own failed attempt.

Good luck to you
Just wondering, did you seal off all cracks around window and door, and cover the heater vent(if there was one) with plastic?

Just the slightest gap anywhere can lower the level of CO. This even includes the overflow drain in the tub, as there is a continuous suction of air being taken out.

Reactions: rozeske and moron