eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
SN is my chosen method. I've ordered it online and am awaiting it in the post, so now I'm getting the other components together.

For an AE, I googled how to get a prescription for meto (which I was worried about since I'm planning on getting a prescription for Anxiety meds, ie.benzos, and I don't want to push my luck) and I discovered that Maxolon is meto - specifically *metoclopramide hydrochloride*. This is potentially brilliant news as my mum already has a regular filled prescription for Maxolon so I can just sneak some pills from her.

My question is whether it's the right kind of meto? is the hydrochloride element bad? Is this anyone else's go-to meto?

(If it's the right kind of meto I plan to steal some in the next week or so to test it out and hope I don't have any adverse effects from it).

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
From a quick search: 'Maxolon tablets contain 10 mg of metoclopramide as the active ingredient' (REF). This is the same amount of metoclopramide in the standard meto tablets, so it seems Maxalon is just a brand-name for your normal meto. So yes, it should be fine in the same quantities as recommended for meto in the guides.

Another CMI reference for Maxalon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Busdriver and eeyore9128
eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
From a quick search: 'Maxolon tablets contain 10 mg of metoclopramide as the active ingredient' (REF). This is the same amount of metoclopramide in the standard meto tablets, so it seems Maxalon is just a brand-name for your normal meto. So yes, it should be fine in the same quantities as recommended for meto in the guides.

Another CMI reference for Maxalon.

That's good news! Thankyou for that link.

I'm slightly worried about testing it, in case I am allergic to it (i have no idea) and I get some of these symptoms which i may not be able to hide around the house with my family present: *swelling of limbs, face, lips, mouth or throat which may cause difficulty swallowing or breathing* - i may end up hospitalised if it's really bad, and that would suck. But this is just my mind playing out worst-case scenarios.

I guess it won't matter for my CTB, but before that I'm a little concerned about how to explain it away without my family getting wise to my plan. I'm not really allergic to anything, except for Loratadine (Claratine) which made my hands and feet ever-so-slightly swollen. It wasn't noticeable, but maybe Maxolon side effects are stronger? Anyway, I guess there's no way to know until I try.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

I'm slightly worried about testing it, in case I am allergic to it (i have no idea) and I get some of these symptoms which i may not be able to hide around the house with my family present: *swelling of limbs, face, lips, mouth or throat which may cause difficulty swallowing or breathing* - i may end up hospitalised if it's really bad, and that would suck. But this is just my mind playing out worst-case scenarios.

I guess it won't matter for my CTB, but before that I'm a little concerned about how to explain it away without my family getting wise to my plan. I'm not really allergic to anything, except for Loratadine (Claratine) which made my hands and feet ever-so-slightly swollen. It wasn't noticeable, but maybe Maxolon side effects are stronger? Anyway, I guess there's no way to know until I try.

You are fairly unlikely to have an allergic reaction as you describe. Not impossible, of course, but unlikely.

What is more likely, although still very rare, is experiencing extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS). I would suggest you remove and stockpile enough tablets as you will need for your SN method and for meto testing in varying dosages. Then perhaps more overtly take another one from your mother's supply, on a day where you complain to your family of headache, and then if any side-effects develop you can say you took one thinking they were strong headache tablets.

EPS are fairly rare, and are not permanent except with ongoing use, so while a test of the meto is a good idea, you don't need to stress yourself too much about these side effects even if they were to happen :smiling:

Reactions: eeyore9128
eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
You are fairly unlikely to have an allergic reaction as you describe. Not impossible, of course, but unlikely.

What is more likely, although still very rare, is experiencing extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS). I would suggest you remove and stockpile enough tablets as you will need for your SN method and for meto testing in varying dosages. Then perhaps more overtly take another one from your mother's supply, on a day where you complain to your family of headache, and then if any side-effects develop you can say you took one thinking they were strong headache tablets.

EPS are fairly rare, and are not permanent except with ongoing use, so while a test of the meto is a good idea, you don't need to stress yourself too much about these side effects even if they were to happen :smiling:

You're easing my worried mind, thankyooou! ❤️ It may be strange but those EPS symptoms don't phase me in the slightest. Just the other stuff, heh.

Reactions: autumnal
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020

Just had a look at a few sources. None of them mention swelling as a side effect. Most likely you'll just feel a bit nauseous and trouble sleeping if you take it.

• Love
Reactions: eeyore9128
eeyore9128

eeyore9128

and just fade away..
Jun 9, 2020
Just had a look at a few sources. None of them mention swelling as a side effect. Most likely you'll just feel a bit nauseous and trouble sleeping if you take it.

hope so *fingers crossed*