C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
I know, to a certain extent, life is what you make of it. At the same time, however, it seems like some people just have everything so much easier. Looks, money, celebrity status, popularity, athleticism, you name it. I find myself jealous, sometimes wondering what life could've been like had I been born into different/better circumstances. Would I be laying on a beach right now without a care in the world instead of sitting on a suicide forum? It all seems so darn unfair.

Reactions: LifeQuitter
dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
I know, to a certain extent, life is what you make of it. At the same time, however, it seems like some people just have everything so much easier. Looks, money, celebrity status, popularity, athleticism, you name it. I find myself jealous, sometimes wondering what life could've been like had I been born into different/better circumstances. Would I be laying on a beach right now without a care in the world instead of sitting on a suicide forum? It all seems so darn unfair.
Life is a mix of luck, chance and circumstance.

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
I do think the situations you are born into are random but a lot of what comes after is not. Not to say that everything is inside your control; obviously there are a lot of factors in life you can't control. And even if you do have control over it doesn't make it any less painful. Also, I'd like to say that it may seem like these people have it so much easier (and they do in many ways) but I was extremely lucky to be born into a family where I've never had to worry about money and I have struggled for a long long time. On the other hand, I'd probably have a much harder time if I had grown up below the poverty line. But it's not like my life is all sunshine and rainbows (obviously, or else I wouldn't be on here).

• Love
Reactions: ctbsd24
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Though nobody knows where existence has started, I still strongly believe in evolution. One cell infinitely turning into uncountable amounts of energy creating bigger and bigger things making even more things possible, cycle continues, etc. I don't believe that we have a soul, awaiting afterlife. All ends where it started. That's my personal view of it. Obviously I'm not fully assured of that but it's the closest I could come to being the truth.

• Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter and ctbsd24