senzim

senzim

Apr 15, 2023
I always think about this, what are we actually alive for? We work, we build a career and get old, but what is the actual purpose? I am starting to get really sick of trying at this point, I know I can't succeed so I really don't want to do this anymore. I'm probably going to start looking for painless and quick ways to CTB soon. Not sure where to start though..

Reactions: BuranaPoe
KarmicRain

KarmicRain

Mar 27, 2023
I view being alive as more a byproduct of reasons not to die rather than reasons to live.
Ultimately I stick around due to a moral obligation not to hurt my family.

• Love
Reactions: AlphonseKaphi, BuranaPoe, senzim and 1 other person
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
No

• Love
Reactions: senzim, Source Energy and leavingsoon99
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I can only speak for me... no. It's not.

• Love
Reactions: senzim and Source Energy
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
No. It's not. But somehow we got here, and now we have attachment to stuff and people...

• Love
Reactions: senzim and leavingsoon99
H

Hunter2005

Experienced
Apr 15, 2023
As of right now no, for some reason I just feel like things will get worse in this world.

• Love
Reactions: senzim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that existence could never be worth enduring, I always view it as being preferable to not exist, as existence is something completely unnecessary, futile and undesirable. As humans all that is inevitable for us is suffering, loss and our inevitable decay from age, to me it's something so irrational wishing to exist in this harmful world that is filled with risks and potential for the most extreme pain.

To me, the existence of life is a cruel mistake and I could never be delusional enough to want to exist here, for me only non existence is ideal as in death everything is finally forgotten about. Life has no purpose, we are only waiting around to die anyway which is why to me suicide can seem like such a perfectly logical option as it's taking control over my inevitable fate.

• Love
Reactions: offbalance and senzim
scamper

scamper

Nice to meet you
Mar 31, 2023
I always think about this, what are we actually alive for? We work, we build a career and get old, but what is the actual purpose?
There is no objective purpose to life at all, individuals create their own purposes to live for. A lot of the time, though, even if someone has a purpose, it's still not worth suffering through life to pursue it. I can't speak for everyone and say that life itself isn't worth it, but as far as my own life goes, there is no reason to keep living.

• Love
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
It is not worth it. Unless one enjoys being a robot and being part of an ugly society, which is fine too.

• Love
Reactions: senzim and kernel_panic
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Not for me. Maybe if i was someone i was happy with.

• Love
Azora

Azora

Apr 13, 2023
Sometimes people conflate life's purpose with life's pleasure. The pain of life is usually felt a lot more than its pleasure, which means that if you live only for fun and recreation you're going to inevitably feel that life is empty and meaningless. Purpose, on the other hand, gives life a sense of value and usually comes from a particular passion, such as your job, raising your children, or from a belief in God and the pursuance of a noble and virtuous existence. It's no coincidence that society has seen greater rates of depression and suicide along with the decline in religion.

As you might imagine, finding purpose is pretty hard to do since it requires a certain conviction. I really do think that the secret to happiness is not in trying to avoid emotional pain but rather find something that makes the pain feel like it's worth it.

• Love
Reactions: DreamSurfer, senzim, loopdaloop and 1 other person
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I think life is worth living if you have a goal, something to live for.

For example, for me, personally, I am very very very suicidal, but when I get to the point where I'm about to commit to CTBing, I make a drastic change in my life, because if I have nothing left to live for, what am I losing by doing something like moving states, getting a new job, etc…

I'm losing nothing and can only gain something, because if I was going to CTB, I already had nothing left to live for, or else I would be living for that thing.

• Love
Reactions: DreamSurfer and senzim
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I always think about this, what are we actually alive for? We work, we build a career and get old, but what is the actual purpose? I am starting to get really sick of trying at this point, I know I can't succeed so I really don't want to do this anymore. I'm probably going to start looking for painless and quick ways to CTB soon. Not sure where to start though..
if you're not religious there's not really a point

• Love
EternalOblivion

EternalOblivion

But does anything matter if you're already dead?
Jan 13, 2023
I believe life has the potential to be of value, but only for those who have the means to improve. My circumstances don't allow for any significant changes that would radically alter my outlook on life.

• Love
Reactions: DreamSurfer, Meretricious, senzim and 1 other person
MildlyBetter

MildlyBetter

🙂
Apr 17, 2023
I think we live for other people, and therefore can find meaning in our interactions with others, but on its own, no.

• Love
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
It was...not anymore

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman and senzim
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
There is no objective purpose to life at all, individuals create their own purposes to live for. A lot of the time, though, even if someone has a purpose, it's still not worth suffering through life to pursue it. I can't speak for everyone and say that life itself isn't worth it, but as far as my own life goes, there is no reason to keep living.
I felt every word of this. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: scamper