Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Is falling to the Earth like the devil in Paradise Lost the be-all and end-all of suicide methods? I should wear oversized bat wings as i fall to simulate Lord Beelzebub's descent. With the curses of God fresh on my lips, I will crash land into Hell and take my place at his right hand just as Jesus will sit at the right hand of his father and we will war through the ages!

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: bridgegirl and Morgengrauen
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
I wouldn't say Jumping is the top way to go but going all the way like you mentioned would be a hell of an iconic way to go ngl

Reactions: emptymiku and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I wouldn't say Jumping is the top way to go but going all the way like you mentioned would be a hell of an iconic way to go ngl
Going all the way to Hell? Lol

Reactions: Morgengrauen
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Not for me, something very peaceful like nembutal would be my most ideal method. The jumping method sounds terrifying, I admire those who managed to succeed.

Reactions: raindrop9
Geist

Geist

F this forum and its members. Nothing but pussies.
Oct 7, 2023
It's a very risky method. The moment you jump, you would probably feel immense dread and regret. My biggest worry would be surviving, and being paralyzed from the neck down, unable to do (try) anything ever again.

Definitely not an option I'd pick.

Reactions: finalrequiem
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It's a very risky method. The moment you jump, you would probably feel immense dread and regret. My biggest worry would be surviving, and being paralyzed from the neck down, unable to do (try) anything ever again.

Definitely not an option I'd pick.
Yeah, the view from halfway down would be hell

love2-1

love2-1

Born to Die
Oct 7, 2023
IMO; no. I live on the 23rd floor of my building and have dived into the stories of stats but really, aside from those who jumped off bridges... it is guaranteed death after something close to 4-5 stories.

The problem is, and most suicide survivors have this backstory; their jump was off a bridge over water.

Reality has it that the easy part is understanding the jumpers intentions and why he/she chose to leap. Its fatalities pair well with car crashes above a certain speed.

Many die, many survive. To dive or to land feet first offers a higher chance of survival. The duality to this method of death is that both sides see the water as concrete for different reasons.

From my research the most accepted theory is the anxiety panic attack that will cause you to pass out before impact due to the circumstance. It is the main reason I will never attempt this method.

All survivors of jumping end up fucked up physically, especially if their mind overrides the terror of falling to its death.

The majority of car accident survivors are drunk because of the inhibition to the brain by alcohol, allowing their bodies to be limp enough to "wrap" around the impact rather than anticipating and trying to prepare to survive the collision. This is why people who are sober die when drunk POSs survive. And it definitely applies to the survivors of jumpers over bodies of water: it is more forgiving and usually a shorter fall than those higher than say the golden gate bridge who never survive.

You can't deal with the horror and regret, half attempt to straighten their body to pierce water and try to take back their actions from a certain death from above.

It will kill you but if the horror stories from literally only bridge jumpers as opposed to the ones who fell to concrete tell a story that says; yes you will die, but be armed to combat the true horror that your survivalist, ape brain will flood you with as you fall. It is just that brutal, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: finalrequiem and Morgengrauen
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
IMO; no. I live on the 23rd floor of my building and have dived into the stories of stats but really, aside from those who jumped off bridges... it is guaranteed death after something close to 4-5 stories.

The problem is, and most suicide survivors have this backstory; their jump was off a bridge over water.

Reality has it that the easy part is understanding the jumpers intentions and why he/she chose to leap. Its fatalities pair well with car crashes above a certain speed.

Many die, many survive. To dive or to land feet first offers a higher chance of survival. The duality to this method of death is that both sides see the water as concrete for different reasons.

From my research the most accepted theory is the anxiety panic attack that will cause you to pass out before impact due to the circumstance. It is the main reason I will never attempt this method.

All survivors of jumping end up fucked up physically, especially if their mind overrides the terror of falling to its death.

The majority of car accident survivors are drunk because of the inhibition to the brain by alcohol, allowing their bodies to be limp enough to "wrap" around the impact rather than anticipating and trying to prepare to survive the collision. This is why people who are sober die when drunk POSs survive. And it definitely applies to the survivors of jumpers over bodies of water: it is more forgiving and usually a shorter fall than those higher than say the golden gate bridge who never survive.

You can't deal with the horror and regret, half attempt to straighten their body to pierce water and try to take back their actions from a certain death from above.

It will kill you but if the horror stories from literally only bridge jumpers as opposed to the ones who fell to concrete tell a story that says; yes you will die, but be armed to combat the true horror that your survivalist, ape brain will flood you with as you fall. It is just that brutal, unfortunately.
What horror compares? If you jump feeling blah about it all, will you suddenly freak out?

love2-1

love2-1

Born to Die
Oct 7, 2023
What horror compares? If you jump feeling blah about it all, will you suddenly freak out?
I apologize. TMI I chose to shoot myself under my jaw for my suicide. It took a BAC of .54 after blood loss before I was stabilized and tested in the ER.

From my personal experience, I somehow during that experience reached for my phone to call 911. In reality my neighbors called and because of my location to a major hospital I was saved.

I felt nothing btw. I have never heard of a story with pain from those who fought in combat either. My body, under .50 BAC and with a gunshot wound still reached for survival. I reiterate: I felt nothing. But it was most likely due to adrenaline being pumped as an aftermath.

To mess up so badly where a gunshot wound didn't kill me and left me with the consequences of my actions, all but solidified those who preached the gospel of the bridge over water survivors.

A famous case in Florida, if I can find it I will link you cause it has amateur footage from a hotel across the street of the jumping; this man and his girlfriend both jumped a short distance, maybe 9 stories, and right before the impact the man pulled her in and took the blow for both of them, saving her life.

Suicide is one of those things that you need to be certain about because if you slip up even slightly; your body will react. People attribute the human brain as being the most complex organ for its intelligence but underestimate what human adrenaline will strive to save you. Tbh I was conscious after shooting myself. I spilled so much blood out of my chin, mouth, nose area that I couldn't breathe. I still felt regret and tried to call 911. My neighbors made the call but that moment of fear will always live with me.

I can't speak for the dead jumpers but I will tell you with certainty that if your body will fight a headshot for life there is no doubt in my mind it will make you regret the plunge for whatever couple of seconds it has left. I can only imagine it takes incredible coordination to survive a fatal height, water or otherwise.

Edit: made edits cause of drinking related grammar.
Okay I would say jumping is historically the way to go but it was also a product if its time. Not condoning this next hypothetical but if one was to leap from one story or even two... record the fear or doubt at that height. Once the wind is rushing past you at a height of no return, without an inhibitor like alcohol I can not see an outcome where the jumper would praise the jump. It will kill you at a serious height but at that point you unfortunately have to reconcile with the 2-3 seconds before death. And with people saying that you will pass out after a certain drop in altitude... to that I argue that only those not wishing to die in that moment would pass out. To make a the decision to leap to your death will leave you in certain moments of regret and horror.
Okay I would say jumping is historically the way to go but it was also a product if its time. Not condoning this next hypothetical but if one was to leap from one story or even two... record the fear or doubt at that height. Once the wind is rushing past you at a height of no return, without an inhibitor like alcohol I can not see an outcome where the jumper would praise the jump. It will kill you at a serious height but at that point you unfortunately have to reconcile with the 2-3 seconds before death. And with people saying that you will pass out after a certain drop in altitude... to that I argue that only those not wishing to die in that moment would pass out. To make a the decision to leap to your death will leave you in certain moments of regret and horror.

Last edited:
Reactions: finalrequiem