nothingboy

nothingboy

he/him
Sep 18, 2023
usually calling a suicidal person "attention seeking" is insulting but i literally am. i'm planning to ctb on my 20th birthday in january and part of the reason is because i want attention. i want people to care about me and the only way i'll be able to achieve that is if i'm dead. everyone i've loved has left me and i just want them all to care about me again even if it's just for a second. it's worth it to me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: kilowatt, Forever Sleep, girlsboysthems and 13 others
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I'm sorry that you're in this situation. It sounds painful and I see why you'd want to ctb. The thing is that if you're dead, you won't be here to experience the love you want, really. You won't be able to experience anything again. Odds are that if you don't ctb you still have a long life ahead of you and potentially, opportunities to find love again. If you do ctb, you're closing the door on that forever. So if love is what you're after, I'd say to keep that in mind and maybe reconsider ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thedivinezer0, Forever Sleep, Montana-Rain and 7 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I'd guess if that's what you choose, then it's fine for you.
Main drawback may be that if death is the end of everything you'll never know the effect their loss has had on them, if it's not the end and the "you" in the afterlife is aware of their ongoing distress and sense of loss it could cause you untold misery not being able to reassure them that you're doing okay somewhere else.
But, you do you and best wishes whatever you decide.

• Hugs
Reactions: thedivinezer0, アホペンギン and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through that.

Do you really want to die or is your CTB plan more a "cry for help" and you'd accept death for it if it happened. It's really so sad when people have to consider such drastic decisions to get attention to be heard.

All my best wishes whatever you decide to do. I hope you find peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and アホペンギン
S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
You won't make people care about you by ctbing. Their feelings for you will be felt in a profound and painful way when you ctb, but they won't care about you any more.

Love and caring is increased by the things we do for and with each other when we are living. If you want people to care about you, do things for them that will make them feel special or valued.

If you make people feel good, through the way you treat them and you try to be happy, people will care for you. That doesn't need money, so you can do it I'm sure, with some thought and caring about them and their needs. Spend time thinking about others. That's the secret.

If you have other reasons why you want to ctb, you can share them here if you want to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
girlwithflaxenhair0

girlwithflaxenhair0

seeking friends, or partner to ctb w in SoCal pm m
Sep 20, 2023
i don't think it's wrong, and it's very relatable, i want attention and for people to care and think about me too

I'm sorry you're in this situation :(

• Hugs
Reactions: nothingboy, Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
People won't care and you won't even be here to find out.

Seems pointless to me but just my opinion.

If you are not sure about CTB and just want attention, a ctb attempt is a very bad idea as it might just work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't think it's wrong as after all it's up to you when to cease existing, we all have to die someday anyway, suicide is a personal decision that never needs to be justified.

• Hugs
Reactions: nothingboy and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I don't think its wrong, every reason to ctb is valid in my eyes. If they were neglecting you and not giving you enough attention this should make them reconsider what they did.

I recommend attempting in front of them before doing the real thing, though. Maybe things will get better after you do that so don't ctb yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
nothingboy

nothingboy

he/him
Sep 18, 2023
I don't think its wrong, every reason to ctb is valid in my eyes. If they were neglecting you and not giving you enough attention this should make them reconsider what they did.

I recommend attempting in front of them before doing the real thing, though. Maybe things will get better after you do that so don't ctb yet.
honestly the point of ctb is not to make anyone reconsider how they treated me, what's done is done. It's just to have them think about me one last time, and then i won't be in pain anymore. i don't blame anyone and i don't want to traumatize anyone by attempting in front of them or anything like that. but thank you for the suggestion

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Not inhertily but I don't think it's a good reason. There will be no attention when you're dead.