JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I've been meaning to start a new life. Move far away, delete everything online connected to me. Emails, accounts, get a new phone and number and even change my name legally. If I don't do this I don't think I can keep living. It's either suicide or change everything and cut off all ties. My closest friends I have known for years now, however I don't see myself cherishing those relationship's the best as I can. Have you guys ever thought about starting a new life? Would it be wrong to cut ties? I don't see myself living this life for another year.

Reactions: psp3000, Passersby and theslasher
Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
I have tried doing that before.

And everytime I did it. it didn't really work since well there's nothing for me to really run to or start a new life in and I would always come back the same state/place I was in.

Plus all of this happen on the internet so idk if this counts but here it is.
it may work for some people though if done right.

And is it wrong to cut ties like that? I don't think so.

especially To live a better and if that's by running away and starting a new life I think that's okay but I think a last note to the one's you love would be great but that's if you want to though

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Passersby and JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I have tried doing that before.

And everytime I did it. it didn't really work since well there's nothing for me to really run to or start a new life in and I would always come back the same state/place I was in.

Plus all of this happen on the internet so idk if this counts but here it is.
it may work for some people though if done right.

And is it wrong to cut ties like that? I don't think so.

especially To live a better and if that's by running away and starting a new life I think that's okay but I think a last note to the one's you love would be great but that's if you want to though
Why did you decide to run away? And how come it didn't work for you? Did you miss the people around you or the place you used to be?

I would leave a note for sure. However I'd keep my grandmothers number…perhaps my mothers too.

Reactions: Aloneisbestforme
Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
Why did you decide to run away? And how come it didn't work for you? Did you miss the people around you or the place you used to be?

I would leave a note for sure. However I'd keep my grandmothers number…perhaps my mothers too.
Indeed plus I felt bad everytime I did it because they missed me and also that they know where to look everytime I do that since there's no where to really go for me.
and why did I do it?

I thought I would be happier because I don't feel like I belong in their group since I am very different from all of them and my likings are far far different from there's so relating to stuff/sharing stuff we like wasn't really a thing.

and i'm alot to deal with.

But yea that's good your leaving a note for them.
I feel like if you were to tell them the reasons on why your doing this and how it could make you feel alot better and your sorry that your doing this.

I think they would be understanding about it. it's gonna hurt them for sure but I think they will understand it overtime

Reactions: soggychip
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
A lot of our suffering comes from attachment. More specifically, attachment to things and/or relationships that may not be good for us.

Sometimes it's better to let go, so that you can move forward. It doesn't matter if you're biologically related to these people, it doesn't matter if you've known them for years, this is your life, and you decide how it goes. If your gut is telling you to move and start a new life, I say go for it.

777cave

Aug 11, 2023
By all means, if you're miserable and your gut tells you to leave, give it a try. Locations, circumstances and people can have big affects. I hope you find the peace and contentment you're looking for.
I tried that many years ago and it didn't work for me because I was trying to run from myself but didn't realize it at the time.

Reactions: soggychip
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I've been meaning to start a new life. Move far away, delete everything online connected to me. Emails, accounts, get a new phone and number and even change my name legally. If I don't do this I don't think I can keep living. It's either suicide or change everything and cut off all ties. My closest friends I have known for years now, however I don't see myself cherishing those relationship's the best as I can. Have you guys ever thought about starting a new life? Would it be wrong to cut ties? I don't see myself living this life for another year.
As someone who this involuntarily happened to. Don't underestimate the significance of the relationships in your life. If they are toxic it is one thing. But if they are healthy relationships.... Being alone fucking sucks. This is really the only place I can go to to talk to people about things. There's so many places in my current life I can point to and say if *1* person cared about me I wouldn't be where I am. I would seriously consider how hard it is. It will feel good at first but terrible very quickly. Don't make a bad situation worse.

Reactions: carac