Jan 6, 2021
Pretty much the title

• Love
Reactions: ERASED, TheDevilsAngel, _Minsk and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, drinking helps me to be better for some hours but then the next day + hangover is hell.

I would say that any drug's help is like a delusion because you'll end up worse in the end.

Still, I understand very well the feeling of just escaping to another reality.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 10430, _Minsk, stygal and 9 others
Still

Still

Dec 17, 2020
I smoke weed, sometimes helps.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ihatemen420, TheDevilsAngel, stygal and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I take opioids, gives me lots of fake happiness.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: hopeisgone, _Minsk, stygal and 6 others
TheSonOfTheArcher

TheSonOfTheArcher

Jan 18, 2021
Depends on your mental condition I'd say, they can be helpful or harmful but not something worth sticking around for by itself. Also I'd easily take being dead over being addicted to a substance like H or something, that'd be an incredibly unpleasant existence. Unless you are taking H to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: kitee80, Deleted member 10430 and The end !
PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Student
Dec 12, 2020
Idk I have recently fallen into a heavy drug addiction. The highs are amazing and make me forget all my problems. The lows when I run out are horrible. I want to ctb 10x more than I ever have before. That would be a good thing and some motivation to do it finally but I don't have proper access anymore so it's more akin to torture. It's hit or miss but overall to me the highs are worth the lows.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sourpink, The end ! and NodusTollens
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I think yes,
I wanted to get into some substance but unfortunately I don't have access to it. I only got weed, benzos and alcohol. But I had access to f, h, lsd, dmt, mushrooms I feel like I'd be able to be here for longer. Addictions sucks but at least you'll be addicted for a while and then you'll have to recover which will leave you on this planet for longer, which can be a negative or positive depending on your circumstances

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, The end ! and NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Smoking weed helps me manage on a day to day, especially if I'm emotionally worked up.

I used to drink heavily to compensate for how horrible I felt, eventually the harm it caused my body forced me to just about stop. I drink maybe 1/2 month now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, The end ! and newave3
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
I take opioids, gives me lots of fake happiness.

Which and how much?

One time I took tramadol after drinking beer. It felt very nice. But the next few days I felt pretty bad.
I love ecstasy. In reality, all of these drugs have downsides. Especially if you have poor willpower.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sourpink and The end !
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I use many drugs, but this isn't something sustainable, I'm not under the delusion that this is a solution, I'm merely postponing and using any method necessary to make my stay in this world a bit easier.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, sourpink, aneurysm and 3 others
J

justletmedieplease

Jan 6, 2021
I think yes,
I wanted to get into some substance but unfortunately I don't have access to it. I only got weed, benzos and alcohol. But I had access to f, h, lsd, dmt, mushrooms I feel like I'd be able to be here for longer. Addictions sucks but at least you'll be addicted for a while and then you'll have to recover which will leave you on this planet for longer, which can be a negative or positive depending on your circumstances
Smoking weed helps me manage on a day to day, especially if I'm emotionally worked up.

I used to drink heavily to compensate for how horrible I felt, eventually the harm it caused my body forced me to just about stop. I drink maybe 1/2 month now.
Should I give pot a chance? Like I just want a break from this world, but I don't want my mental health to collapse once the high is gone. Is weed a good option, like how strong is the addiction?

• Love
Reactions: The end !
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Try hallucinogenics. Not hero doses but a moderate dose of or mushrooms, truffles or ketamine to a certain extent. You will almost certainly feel an uplift in mood after, even if it's for a short time. They are without a doubt the best 'illegal' substances that might actually give you some genuine, long lasting relief to your symptoms.
Look up ketamine for treatment resistant depression and psilocybin for depression . There are plenty of studies to back this up.
Microdosing may also help.
No other 'illegal' substance will benefit your mental health in any way. Everything else is just a plaster.

• Love
Reactions: sourpink, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, aneurysm and 4 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Should I give pot a chance? Like I just want a break from this world, but I don't want my mental health to collapse once the high is gone. Is weed a good option, like how strong is the addiction?
I would say yes, though cautiously- some people can become paranoid. As for addictive that would depend person by person, however I find it no more addictive than caffeine.

Mushrooms are a good alternative too. Did those last week.

• Love
Reactions: deleted, aneurysm, The end ! and 3 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I would say yes, though cautiously- some people can become paranoid. As for addictive that would depend person by person, however I find it no more addictive than caffeine.

Mushrooms are a good alternative too. Did those last week.
Agree with you on the mushrooms. Love them. Absolutely one of the most powerful medicines for the mind.

I had drug induced psychosis from smoking too much weed so I'd have to disagree with you on that one.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, signifying nothing and NodusTollens
D

Deleted member 25508

shooting star
Jan 18, 2021
psychedelics might be able to buy you some time, and i'm saying this as someone who has it pretty bad. i actually felt authentic happiness for about 2 weeks before i got sent back to hell. it ended up postponing my suicide for about 6 months, even. i would say it's probably worth it if you're going to kill yourself anyway.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, Pookie, signifying nothing and 1 other person
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Agree with you on the mushrooms. Love them. Absolutely one of the most powerful medicines for the mind.

I had drug induced psychosis from smoking too much weed so I'd have to disagree with you on that one.

Mhmm, indeed. It had been years since the last time, so I figured, if I'm going to CTB- may as well have a little fun first. It was both exhilarating & frightening the conclusions I reached.

That's fair, though that's why I suggested cautiously. Sorry to hear about your bad experience though, I don't wish that on anyone. I've had panic attacks from smoking excessively, but I know my limits now & don't exceed them too often. I've been smoking consistently for 3 years now, having had most issues when I was starting out. Though I have been smoking off & on over the last 5 years.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, signifying nothing and Emily_Numb
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Absolutely my friend. As with all recreational drugs, have a little bit, wait, have a little bit more if you wish. Definitely know your limits and respect the drug you are taking.

• Love
Reactions: 134340, aneurysm, The end ! and 3 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Try the recreational drugs. They could help .
But don't touch the hard stuff. They won't help you and they aren't worth it.

• Love
Reactions: 134340 and The end !
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Substance abuse won't make it better but what they will do is give you something new to do for some period of time before ultimately making the situation worse

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Weed is good for me. Sometimes alcohol but I'm a suicidal drunk 75% of the time so it doesn't really help. Pain pills when I can get my hands on them. I consider getting into all kinds of stuff but on the off chance that I have some type of breakthrough and decide I want to live, I'd rather not be addicted to anything on top of everything else.

Reactions: Emily_Numb
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
For me the addiction isn't too strong, I can take a break whenever I want and have no problems. The thing is, it doesn't effect me that much, it's not strong enough for me. Or at least the strain I have isn't strong enough

sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
I use many drugs, but this isn't something sustainable, I'm not under the delusion that this is a solution, I'm merely postponing and using any method necessary to make my stay in this world a bit easier.
a thousand times this.
addiction isn't sustainable, which is fine if your intent is absolutely to die. if you remain alive, your options are usually limited to recovery or death. and in recovery many complications often await you. tread lightly unless you have no doubt in your decision surrounding your death. speaking as an addict myself, I wouldn't recommend 'just trying out' addiction. it's not a corset you can unfasten at the end of the night when you're ready for bed. not trying to employ any scare tactics, but seriously do consider possible outcomes here.
I saw this thread pop up much earlier, and felt it impossible to express my sentiment. your query sounds to me rather innocent, and my advice would be to remain as such.

• Love
Reactions: Emily_Numb, justletmedieplease and Fragile
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I see the appeal of using drugs to cope with depression/pain/hurt feelings sometimes.

When I was younger I smoked some weed during a two year time frame but the nice/relaxed feeling from the beginning faded and left me being a little paranoid and scared. That's why I stopped.

I think taking drugs is okay if you don't develop an addiction that hinders you to live a fulfilling life.

Reactions: Emily_Numb, justletmedieplease, signifying nothing and 1 other person
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
Very interesting question, and I've been there wondering the same.

I would say no, because although it's hard to imagine this, your baseline level of depression will decrease as you become more psychologically reliant on/addicted to the substance. In other words, you'll likely have a new rock bottom

Reactions: sourpink and Emily_Numb
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
I'm a seasoned alcoholic. Drink a shit ton of water while you drink! Like 200mls a cocktail or glass of wine. Avoid liquors that have a lot of sugar content. I almost never have a hangover now.

Reactions: Emily_Numb and TheDevilsAngel
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I'm a seasoned alcoholic. Drink a shit ton of water while you drink! Like 200mls a cocktail or glass of wine. Avoid liquors that have a lot of sugar content. I almost never have a hangover now.
Wine/champagne is also horrendous for hangovers. Clear liquors are okay. Shame I hate them
Weed is good for me. Sometimes alcohol but I'm a suicidal drunk 75% of the time so it doesn't really help. Pain pills when I can get my hands on them. I consider getting into all kinds of stuff but on the off chance that I have some type of breakthrough and decide I want to live, I'd rather not be addicted to anything on top of everything else.
Same here. Suicide attempts while drunk increase massively. I think it's to do with alcohol lowering ones inhibitions

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
Wine/champagne is also horrendous for hangovers. Clear liquors are okay. Shame I hate them
If you stick to some good french dry white wines you should be good: côtes du rhone, sancerre, pouilly fuisse....

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
If you stick to some good french dry white wines you should be good: côtes du rhone, sancerre, pouilly fuisse....
I was training as a sommelier for 3 years. I know my wines and don't drink crap. Drink enough of anything and it will ruin you, even if you're drinking Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru on a nightly basis.

Reactions: Gerard de Nerval
H

hopeisgone

Jan 13, 2021
I had some oxycodone in the hospital a while ago and ... WOW. I couldn't believe how amazing it felt! If I knew how to get my hands on some of that I would absolutely use it regularly.