mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
I want to spend the rest of this year doing fun things with my partner, and then kill myself while I'm happiest. I don't want to experience anymore hardships, potential or certain. Being alive and still struggling with my mental health and trauma is agonizing. The only thing that would bring me peace is my own death. I would like to live my life with my partner to the fullest, and then quit while I'm ahead. I wouldn't want anything else. I don't want to get better anymore, I just want to experience what it's like to love and be loved for a little bit, before it all inevitably crashes down. Is it strange to want to do that? To finally live the happy life I've always wanted, and then throw it all away before shit hits the fan?

• Hugs
Reactions: pleaseiwanttogo, etherealspring, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Doesn't seem strange at all. Why not make the most out of being alive while you can- if you can? Seems like the better way to go out to me. I hope you have as much fun as you can.

• Love
Reactions: etherealspring and mapleboy
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you've lived your life it's probably easier to CTB or to accept death bc we did a lot of things in life we wanted to do. If (mental) health is a threat long-term, CTB can be an option before it gets worse to prevent yourself from further suffering.

From this point of view it's not weird.

• Love
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Hey might as well enjoy life if you can and then who knows...you'll either end things on top or maybe you'll find it's worth continuing. Either way, better than being miserable.

• Love
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
That's what I want to do too

• Love
M

madmore

Aug 5, 2024
Not weird at all. You might as well enjoy it to the fullest and leave on a high, many people with chronic physical illness do the same thing so I don't think it should be made weird to have this same attitude with chronic mental suffering.

• Love
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If you are overall content with life and no sudden devastating trigger happens, then it would be unusual.

But that doesn't seem to be true in your case. You'd not overall content with life but you're able to feel.some joy and you are trying to maximize that before you go.

• Love
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
i don't know what the word happy means anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: mapleboy