C

catnowmeowmeow

Jul 16, 2024
I feel like these days that I look around at people enjoying life like they are aliens. Aliens I envy but still unrelatable.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, pthnrdnojvsc, ijustwishtodie and 11 others
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I also sometimes can't help but get jealous when I see others happy. Or when there are little kids just being little kids, I can't help but think they have no idea how hard life gets later on and remember how young and innocent I used to be too.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, Hotsackage, juna and 1 other person
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No, it's not strange.

Another thing is that these are only moments.
Even I have good moments in life sometimes.
You don't know what's going on in these people's lives every day.
Maybe when they come home, they will lie on their bed and burst into tears, or they will return to their loving family (of course, this option does not guarantee happiness either).
You don `t know it.

Let's also remember that not every person has a brain that whispers in his ear: kill yourself.

Reactions: spottem, escape_from_hell, AppleTreeDog and 2 others
feelinggloomy

feelinggloomy

Experienced
May 29, 2024
Totally weird to see people living life and planning futures. Makes me want to avoid social settings. The only thing that I think of is that you don't know what people carry and even though they seem to enjoy life you just don't know. People thought my son had the world by the tail but he CTB at 22.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, AppleTreeDog, archiveofpain and 3 others
E

Edistrying

Jul 22, 2024
A veces no puedo evitar sentir celos cuando veo a otros felices. O cuando hay niños pequeños que son simplemente niños pequeños, no puedo evitar pensar que no tienen idea de lo difícil que se vuelve la vida más adelante y recordar lo joven e inocente que yo también solía ser.
it happen the same to me. I see children or people younger than me and the only think that i can think its "you dont know how hard its gonna be every day that you grew up" & then i feel like shit for think this about others

• Hugs
Reactions: Iris Blue and divinemistress36
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
I'm definitely surprised seeing people enjoy their life seemingly because it's hard for me to get the awful things of the world out of my head and wanting to die over self hatred.

That said, most people in my life think that I'm fine and happy, so I often wonder if any random person I see is as miserable. Which makes me feel more miserable.

Reactions: juna and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd never be able to understand anyone who wishes to exist as I find existing completely undesirable, wanting to die is all I know and is all that personally makes sense to me. I see nothing enjoyable about being conscious and aware, capable of suffering to unlimited amounts in this existence so futile, I find it a tiresome burden to exist.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and Sulyya
Randy Savage

Randy Savage

“Macho Man”
Jul 23, 2024
It's incredibly jarring for me, especially talking to other people. A little sad even.
Holding a conversation with someone who hasn't completely given up is starting to be difficult, because I'm so ashamed of and done with my life.

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
"People settle for a level of despair they can tolerate and call it happiness."

― Søren Kierkegaard

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and pthnrdnojvsc
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

close up the hole in my vein
May 29, 2024
It's really alien to see how others can stand any of this tbh especially with how fast paced life is, there are no breaks and there's always something to do, always something to worry about. I'm always asking myself how people just continuously do things all day and repeat them for years. It's exhausting just thinking about a normal person's day

Reactions: Edistrying, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Sarros

Sarros

Student
Sep 2, 2021
Totally weird to see people living life and planning futures. Makes me want to avoid social settings. The only thing that I think of is that you don't know what people carry and even though they seem to enjoy life you just don't know. People thought my son had the world by the tail but he CTB at 22.
It's especially weird when I see people plan futures or talk about the future. I legitimately freeze up when it happens with people around me. Like I have to stop and remind myself that they not only expect to be here for much longer, but also, are even making decisions now to help them reach that future.

People, in general, also seem to have a sort of familiarity with the future. Like they have some idea of what it entails based one what they want or what they do or what is happening today or what happened yesterday. But for me, I feel ready for my death any day now.

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc
S

stupidhuman

Apr 18, 2024
That's weird ( in a neutral way ) that many people here comment it's weird for them.

Maybe I am not suicidal enough but I can (I'll call it softly, even tho it's not the perfect word) "~relate~" to it somehow.
Depending on how much life or a certain aspect of life overwhelms you ( everyone is different starting from individual circumstances to individual brain chemistry ) you either manage to cope with that and still find happiness somehow or you cope with suicidal thoughts and one day you just do it.

In my case I am very very disappointed in myself for what I am, what I think, what I like, what I do, … basically everything kinda.
Life will get even more tough for me in the future and if I don't randomly get a huge amount of money so I can fulfill myself there's little chance I'll continue living - provided I have the balls to do it and I don't cope with suicidality just because it's a simple easy thought I can have but never realize into real life.
So yeah I can relate being happy but I guess I don't allow myself to be happy as well.
What a messed up brain I have. Useless, utterly useless. Pathetic. If it turns out god actually watched or something else watches over everyone I am the type of person they will show no interest in the most. I am lost potential not able to turn anything around.
I just gave myself up without actually CTB'ing so far. That's incredibly cowardly

Reactions: divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The weirest are the people that manage to make time to play pickleball 2 or 3 times per week.

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
I feel like these days that I look around at people enjoying life like they are aliens. Aliens I envy but still unrelatable
Yeah, it's weird, met a guy just like that yesterday who just randomly told me on the bus about how his life is; ups and downs allat. The stark differences between people's lives is so tiring.

sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
no not really but thats pretty obvious

most of us are all feeling depressed and ready to catch the bus at some point

if we were to tell other people that we're down to catch the bus, they'd find us weird

we're just in a mental state where some things feel right and some things don't

ppl being happy feels strange in that case

tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I always assume most of the time it's fake. I mean I fake being normal everyday for years. Nothing else is socially acceptable. It's not like anyone gets to act depressed lol.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes it's weird. I don't understand how they enjoy life. All they do is wage slave and complain online anonymously about living paycheck to paycheck whilst simultaneously acting like their life is perfection. These people don't live lives. They merely survive and tolerate a lot of painful shit just to survive for as long as possible. I don't get how they enjoy life. They seem like aliens to me and vice versa. What even is there to enjoy about being a slave?

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim