Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
For me, when I was in high school, I was the popular kid and I had everything coming for me. i was happy, on the outside. But deep down, I was so much in pain and I was depressed. How about you guys? Is it true that the most happiest person in world is the most saddest?

Reactions: Forever Sleep
R

RustyCactusXD

Nov 13, 2023
idk. High school was tough for me. Never was popular but my junior year I threw a party at my grandmas to try and get some clout. Backfired on me heavily and I never felt so alone and depressed during those times.

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
idk. High school was tough for me. Never was popular but my junior year I threw a party at my grandmas to try and get some clout. Backfired on me heavily and I never felt so alone and depressed during those times.
Im sorry that it backfired on you. You can talk with us you know.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's a really interesting idea. I guess some people are better at covering up their sadness than others. Maybe it's a coping mechanism for them to put on a happy face. Not sure really, of the happier people I know, I get the impression that it's genuine. Not that they don't have problems of course- who doesn't? But- they seem to look at the world differently somehow. I guess with some, it could be a cover up but with others- I'd say it was just a genuinely and relentlessly positive outlook on life.

Reactions: RustyCactusXD
R

RustyCactusXD

Nov 13, 2023
Im sorry that it backfired on you. You can talk with us you know.
thanks I appreciate it. I never really connected with people and still don't to this day. Throwing the party just made me realize ill never be one of the cool kids and that's what killed my ego and self esteem. Its like I want to socialize and be with people but it just doesn't work. in the end I always give up trying.

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
thanks I appreciate it. I never really connected with people and still don't to this day. Throwing the party just made me realize ill never be one of the cool kids and that's what killed my ego and self esteem. Its like I want to socialize and be with people but it just doesn't work. in the end I always give up trying.
That's perfectly fine to feel. I understand completely. We're here to always support you.

Reactions: RustyCactusXD
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I think that many times what you see from the outside, or the impression that many people give, is not what really happens inside.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm not really sure. The magnitude that people experience happiness and sadness is subjective so it's hard to say

ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
I think that people who externalize their happiness to seem larger than life are masking a deep depression that they feel too hesitant to admit to openly.

S

suicidal flapper

Student
Jul 15, 2023
I think this is just a statement to make people feel good about themselves in tough situations. Happy people are just happy. There are people who fake their happiness and of course social media hides a lot but I think this idea exaggerates this heavily