M

Moon2018

Apr 12, 2020
Hello.
Is it true that in some states of America a doctor can prescribe marijuana? What diseases? For example, depression, bad mood? How much does it cost?
I'm from Russia. It is a pity that we are imprisoned for drugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and sadworld
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In some places in America like California or Colorado you can even get it for recreational use now. Before, marijuana was typically prescribed for terminal illnesses like some cancers or any ongoing physical pain.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, sadworld, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Yes. I live in one of those States. In my state you can get one for pretty much any ailment. In some states it's more difficult. We still have to pay full price for the cannabis, we just don't have to pay taxes on it. We also can grow up to 10 plants.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, sadworld, Moon2018 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, it's been prescribed for cancer, migraines, glaucoma, and other things for like 20 years. Nowadays more and more stares are just legalizing it and treating it like alcohol.

• Love
Reactions: Fehler, KleinerWolf, sadworld and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I hope it will be legal for recreational use everywhere. Most people take it anyway lol but it would make things a lot easier.

Reactions: Fehler and Ghost2211
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Laws range from totally legal , legal for medical use , decriminalized , and illegal.

in US you will find we have a great selection of ways to obtain marijuana even where it is illegal. The drug is easily available and omnipresent in our society

the cost ranges from reasonable to obscene. The drug is commonly used among all strata in the society even in critical positions including homeland security and the military.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I live in the South where it's only legal for medicinal purposes. I just moved from Tennessee to Louisiana, and the first person I met here was able to get me some. The second person I met had some and probably could have hooked me up if I had asked. I've lived in three states and it's super easy to find everywhere, even though it's been illegal in all those states.

The part that angers me the most is that it genuinely helps me, but a lot of jobs drug test. My last job that I worked at, an Amazon warehouse, for five years randomly drug tested me four times, if I remember correctly. I was so sleep deprived working there too and I couldn't even smoke a little before bed so I could actually sleep without worrying about losing my job. That chronic sleep deprivation is really what brought me to this point in my life, but I won't get into that.

I'm going to have to find a new job soon, so I can't smoke right now. I've also become much more depressed, anxious and suicidal since I stopped. So I may just end it before I even find one. I also hear good things about other drugs when it comes to mental illness, like psilocybin, but that's illegal where I'm at too and I have no idea where to get it.

I'm sorry you don't have access to something that could benefit you. It's so infuriating.