• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
We have the ability to show videos on how to build guns, make ammunition, forge a knife, even (lacking the tools but the concept is there) build an atomic bomb. I'm puzzled by why there is fear of knowing the best way to kill one's self? Is it selfishness to keep a person around? Is it concern for society? Fear of remorse? What drives the intense fear of collected knowledge on suicide?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, pthnrdnojvsc, Forever Sleep and 3 others
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

student
Jul 1, 2024
my main ideas:
1. religions look down on or are strictly against suicide
2. I doubt the rich and big businesses would be fine with the topic of suicide receiving more attention.
3. Suicide is still taboo. Most people are uncomfortable thinking about it

The availability of knowledge on suicide is tricky. On one hand I would like it to be easily accessibly for those who need it. On the other, normal people could come across it and it may negatively impact them.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024
We have the ability to show videos on how to build guns, make ammunition, forge a knife, even (lacking the tools but the concept is there) build an atomic bomb. I'm puzzled by why there is fear of knowing the best way to kill one's self? Is it selfishness to keep a person around? Is it concern for society? Fear of remorse? What drives the intense fear of collected knowledge on suicide?
I think it's the fear that it will encourage people to ctb who otherwise wouldn't. Much like many people would be afraid to ask if someone was planning to ctb in case it suggested that to the person. All of which, as is said by the helplines, is not true and they encourage asking that question. I dont think it should be waved in people's faces though cos that could be very triggering for some people in some circumstances eg bereavement by ctb.

Reactions: mikgazer6 and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think basically- people don't want their loved ones committing suicide. I think there's also a common notion that all people who do it are in some sort of temporary slump/ depression/ psychotic state. I don't think people even want to accept that a person could be thinking rationally and come up with suicide as a reasonable option.

So- they view us as vulnerable, susceptible to making impulsive decisions and impressionable. Couple that with a site which may not encourage suicide but it doesn't always discourage it- especially when a person seems sure about their decision. Plus, access to information on how to most reliably do it and they panic.

I think there is certainly a possibility that some of us would only CTB via a more peaceful method. Without knowledge about say SN or inert gas, I suppose there's a possibility that some people will be too afraid to jump, hang, slash wrists, lie on train tracks. Or, they may try a method that has very little chance of success. So, to their mind- they likely think providing this information makes it too 'easy'. I suspect they like it that the more brutal and possibly painful methods are enough to scare people away. They may even prefer to see someone maim themselves- so long as they are still alive. Kind of sadistic when you think about it... They put that much value on life- literally any kind of life. So long as they don't have to experience it presumably! You have to wonder if their opinions would change if the shoe were on the other foot.

Plus of course, there is the very real problem of minors. I'm perfectly convinced that you can be unhappy enough to want to commit suicide as a child. I was suicidal at age 10. I'm not so convinced we do have the emotional stability and ability to rationalise to be able to clearly think through problems though. So, I don't like the idea of minors being here either. Basically- I suspect their parents are terrified they will overeact to a situation, stumble upon an 'easy' way out and take it. Plus- to their minds anyway, be encouraged to take it.

Reactions: alltoomuch2, mikgazer6 and Praestat_Mori
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
We all will die anyway. So they can't save a life like they tell us because we all are going to die anyway no matter what.

It's about controlling other humans.

If u can' t leave a place when u want to then u are inprisoned . We cant leave life or this world in a guaranteed painless way so they made life and this world a prison.

The tech is there. But they made nembutal , suicide boooths , any one helping u with suicide into crimes

most humans dont see they are prisoners are not free

In the US They are about to pass a law banning the sale of SN to individuals.

We are all going to die anyway.

the last 5 years passed really fast didnt they?

the inspection sticker on a car is good for 2 years . but i couldnt remember if it had been 2 years or 1 year since i had renewed it.
when i checked it was 2 years . 1 year like it never happened a blink

Last edited:
Reactions: mikgazer6 and Praestat_Mori