C

confusedhazel

Oct 23, 2020
how I see it i've aIways just wanted to be remembered, for somebody to remember who i was when i die, to change the worId in some way
I guess what im trying to say is that i just don't want to be forgotten, I don't want my Iife to be insignificant, for it not to change anything
even if its a negative mark, i want to be remembered i want peopIe to miss me I want to be, i suppose, a 'Iegend?' im not even sure what im saying
i know it wont matter when i'm gone but i dont want my suffering to be for nothing
is that seIfish?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, LastFlowers, ecmnesia and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
that makes sense. its one of the reasons i changed my life around. i know what its like to be in pain so i like to make others smile. it might only be for a second but thats 1 second they dont have to hurt. its not a huge mark on the world but its a mark on someones heart. they might not know you or remember your face but they will remember what you did for them.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Selfish is putting your own wants ahead of others'. I don't see anything selfish about what you're wanting. It doesn't keep anything from anyone.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
I don't think so. Most people want to be remembered, so that they can give some purpose to their lives. It's a statement that proves they were/are real and it seems completely natural to me. I mean, isn't that the reason why many people want to have children? So their traits can somehow carry their memory? Everyone needs and expect to be recognized, it's not a matter of selfishness, it's a human thing. Unfortunately, most of us, as most of those who came before us, won't be remembered.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
Not selfish, just human.

• Love
Reactions: Silenos and ecmnesia
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No, that is perfectly normal and I think something most people desire at some point in life until said life beats them down and forces them to feel defeated. Though I did laugh at the description of wanting to be a "legend", sorry just that choice of word lol, I understand though, you want the pain to have a silver lining, you want to make an impact, you want to have a story worth re-telling for years to come. Unfortunately many factors have to be in play in order for that to become a reality, including pure luck. Even the most deserving people may never get their day in the sun. And when this world comes to an end, which one day may very well be the case, no one will be left to remember a thing, either way.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The only thing that would make it selfish would be the way you decide to go about it and maybe who you'd have to step on in order to achieve this goal. That is all still under your control though. I think it's still a common want to have, selfish or not.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Seems pretty normal tbh. Selfish is a dumb word anyway, everything you will ever do is selfish

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
If it's a negative mark, that will hurt other people, yes, it is selfish.