T

thereset

Jan 30, 2020
I know this might seem like a stupid/weird question, but nobody else on this site seems to be using their real name as their username. It just makes me wonder if it's safe to use your real name as your username here...

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I think it's just a matter of opinion. Some people are more private than others, some don't really care. I personally wouldn't want someone I know IRL seeing what I post, so I went with a username.

Reactions: mesohappy
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
As long as it's just the first name I can't see an issue. If someone noticed you on here one would wonder what that person was doing on here to even spot someone in the first place. Unless they knew you weren't doing well and was checking up on you in the obvious places
Peace/hugs

Reactions: mesohappy, cosmicpixiedust and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Its the internet,nothing is "safe",and nobodies trying to get committed.

Reactions: Burner1234 and Midnight-rain
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I personally don't think it's safe. Law Enforcement knows about this site, not to mention it has been in the news when a former member passed.
Also like Nem mentioned, family or friends could find you on here if they knew about the site and were looking to see if you are on here.

Reactions: Burner1234, Chars Bravia, Midnight-rain and 3 others
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
For what it's worth, your username looks like "the reset" to me.

Reactions: mesohappy
M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
I don't understand why anyone would use their real name online, let alone this forum. I'm not trying to make it easy for anyone to figure out who I am.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Shinbu
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
its only as safe as you want it to be, some of us use fake names, some of us use usernames because some of us want to be private. I don't see a issue with using first names if someone wishes too, BUT to me then, it kinda starts to get personal, and that is to me over stepping the mark.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't feel comfortable in revealing my real name on the Internet, especially on here because I never know who IRL may/not know of this site or whether they are lurking/guests scanning through posts.