• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
I've bought too much sn and need to get rid of 1 kg. Can I flush it down the toilet? We drink water straight from the tap here and I'm afraid sn could somehow get into it. As you probably know, it's super toxic and even very small amounts could kill someone. I don't want to poison my family. How can I get rid of the sn safely?

Reactions: 90starve
J

juraviel

PL
Aug 11, 2021
yeah don't flush it down the toilet dispose of it properly.

Reactions: rationaltake, saddestbunny, 90starve and 1 other person
Shaylla1998

Shaylla1998

Jul 9, 2023
You can dispose of it by flushing it down the toilet, as the plumbing system responsible for wastewater is completely separate from the system that supplies water to your tap. You could also dispose of it in the woods or any other suitable outdoor location, where it can be safely flushed away.

• Wow
Reactions: 90starve
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You can dispose of it by flushing it down the toilet, as the plumbing system responsible for wastewater is completely separate from the system that supplies water to your tap. You could also dispose of it in the woods or any other suitable outdoor location, where it can be safely flushed away.
Stop saying things when you obviously don't know what you are talking about! SN is a poison and even sewage treatment plants can't filter it once it is dissolved! This has to be delivered to places where they collect poisonious and dangerous chemicals. Usually there is a place somewhere within cities where they take such stuff.

OH and btw you probably didn't know that cleared water is running into rivers and rivers can also feed ground water supplies and from where do you get your drinking water? ..... probably from groundwater suppllies or even from rivers and lakes!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake, betternever2havbeen, scorchie and 3 others
Shaylla1998

Shaylla1998

Jul 9, 2023
@Praestat_Mori
I disregarded the potential impact on the wellbeing of others and public health in my previous post. Although I did not specifically address the potential for harmful substances like SN to pass through sewage treatment plants and potentially end up in groundwater, it is indeed a possibility.
On the other hand, the quality of drinking water is regulated and monitored to ensure it meets safety standards before it is supplied to consumers. Water treatment facilities employ various processes to remove contaminants and ensure the water is safe for consumption.

Certainly, everyone has the autonomy to make their own choices and decisions based on their own perspectives and circumstances. While I acknowledge the potential negative consequences that may arise from my viewpoint, I maintain my personal stance.

Reactions: jazzcat and 90starve
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
No, you can´t flush it down the toilet ! It´s a harmful poison.

Reactions: rationaltake, betternever2havbeen, saddestbunny and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
On the other hand, the quality of drinking water is regulated and monitored to ensure it meets safety standards before it is supplied to consumers. Water treatment facilities employ various processes to remove contaminants and ensure the water is safe for consumption.
Don't you think that this is causing more costs for the majority to monitor and clear drinking water to real drinking water quality? This costs the majority of people a lot of money and many other countries cannot afford this.

especially nitrate pollution is a major point in germany what makes water according to their standards drinkable or not. and niritite / nitrate is a chemical process happening all the time even inside our bodies. but if this is too much it's becoming harmful longterm and not everyone wants to ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Kerrtu and 90starve
Shaylla1998

Shaylla1998

Jul 9, 2023
Don't you think that this is causing more costs for the majority to monitor and clear drinking water to real drinking water quality? This costs the majority of people a lot of money and many other countries cannot afford this.

especially nitrate pollution is a major point in germany what makes water according to their standards drinkable or not. and niritite / nitrate is a chemical process happening all the time even inside our bodies. but if this is too much it's becoming harmful longterm and not everyone wants to ctb.
I understand your concern about the costs associated with monitoring and ensuring the quality of our drinking water. However, I lack the empathy to truly care about the well-being of the world around me.

From your previous post, it appears to me that you hold a genuine concern for the health and welfare of the general public, even strangers. I struggle to comprehend such empathy, however, I recognize that each individual has their own unique experiences and thoughts that shape their worldview.

In Germany, agriculture is a significant contributor to nitrate pollution in drinking water. It is a challenge to effectively clean the groundwater, especially in areas where nitrate levels exceed the recommended limit of 50mg per liter. This sometimes results even in the abandonment of certain groundwater cleaning efforts. However, from my personal standpoint of flushing SN down the toilet or disposing of it in the woods, I still perceive it as a relatively harmless act for the individual involved, despite the potential negative impact on society, which I hold some resentment towards.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@Shaylla1998 I fully understand that you personally may not care about others in particular. And yes it's not a big problem if only one throws 1 kg SN into the toilet but this is a public forum and thousands others could just do it even without registering and that is the "problem" I see here.

Really I'm not a "green", I'm against "fridays for future terror" and all the like, but still it's a poison that is not supposed to be put just into the toilet. There are legal and safe ways to get rid of it, and these ways are free of charge!

And with this post I'm closing this discussion with you about this particular stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerrtu and jazzcat
lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
Thanks for all answers guys :heart: I decided not to flush it down the toilet but contact a chemical waste disposal point nearby.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, scorchie, liljeep and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You can flush it down the toilet. Do the math - some small gram amount of SN diluted in millions upon millions upon millions of gallons of water by time it reaches the water treatment plant. It will be so diluted it won't even be detectable.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie and blue_muse
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
You can flush it down the toilet. Do the math - some small gram amount of SN diluted in millions upon millions upon millions of gallons of water by time it reaches the water treatment plant. It will be so diluted it won't even be detectable.
Good of you to counter the fear-mongering.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie
S

S u i c i d e

-
Jun 20, 2023
You can give it to me.

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, as I am entitled to mine. The amount of SN in question is of such a small amount that when compared to all of the other things that get flushed on a daily basis, like fecal matter, medications, used condoms, piss, detergents, bloody douches, etc., that it won't even register on any comparative scale. I'd flush it and never think twice about it. It's hardly the worst thing meandering its way through our sewer systems.

Reactions: blue_muse, aGoodDayToDie and FormerlyFe(IV)
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, as I am entitled to mine. The amount of SN in question is of such a small amount that when compared to all of the other things that get flushed on a daily basis, like fecal matter, medications, used condoms, piss, detergents, bloody douches, etc., that it won't even register on any comparative scale. I'd flush it and never think twice about it. It's hardly the worst thing meandering its way through our sewer systems.
I completely agree. 1kg when combined with millions of litres of water would barely register with any measurement of toxicity. Plus it would no doubt react with other junk in the water such as the many many litres of blood that end up there and become neutralised. 1kg is nothing. And sewage pipes are completely separate to water supply so there's no danger of immediate contamination. The fear mongers here are not being realistic

Reactions: blue_muse
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The fear mongers here are not being realistic
Thanks for your support.

I wonder if the other posters realize how much crap companies dump into drains every day? And if it isn't flushed, what is someone going to do with it, anyway? Dump it on the ground? Even doing that, it will still end up in the water system, eventually. You can't destroy it, as physics laws dictate that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, but only change forms. If you incinerate it, remnants of it still end up in the atmosphere. It's all the same. Once the stuff was made (from ingredients pulled from the earth, BTW), it's here for life. Everything non-living is here for life. I suppose someone could put it onto a rocket and send it off to Mars. But, then again, you'd just be putting it someplace else. We already have plans to colonize Mars and contaminate it with human beings, so maybe it's not that big of a deal to send a little SN there. Whoever decides to live there might just need it.

Reactions: blue_muse and aGoodDayToDie