maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
i've been cutting with a small glass shard. i dont go deep at all and I wash it every now and then, but is it safe?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Probably not.

• Love
Reactions: maidens
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023

"I don't think that glass dust could rip your organs open, HOWEVER I strongly advise this person X to not use glass. The dust or micro chips of glass could get stuck in his/her skin and cause infection, irritation and other unwanted troubles. It's not worth the hassle. I hope I helped, stay safe ❤️"
Honestly though with cutting, anything can cause infection or irritation and stuff. I could argue that the point isn't to be safe anyway, but I actually kinda started doing it recently so I get where you are coming from.

• Love
Reactions: 3/4Dead, maidens and Final_Choice
kwittywhiskerzz!..

kwittywhiskerzz!..

Kwitty!
Mar 24, 2024
Please please please don't cut yourself! Crying or doing something else can help you, hurting yourself is not worth it! Talk to anyone about your problems don't hurt yourself❤️❤️❤️

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
As was mentioned before, using a shard of glass has the possibility to leave of fragments of glass in your skin which would not be good at all since it could cause further damage and make it harder to heal.

• Love
Reactions: 3/4Dead and maidens
shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
Please please please don't cut yourself! Crying or doing something else can help you, hurting yourself is not worth it! Talk to anyone about your problems don't hurt yourself❤️❤️❤️
As someone who has problems with self harm and have somehow been able to not do it for around 50 days or so please don't post things like these. It doesn't help and didn't add in the matter they asked either.

(Sorry for not responding to the question you've asked ((maidens)) I just didn't because other people already did, and I myself have been considering using glass shards··· but apparently that's not a good idea? Idk💀)
(Get a web hug anyway, hope you're okay🫂)

• Love
Reactions: 4am and maidens
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
.... if you want to be safer disinfect it before.

It's funny I never care about infections. I neglect the wound almost on purpose. Once though I was a bit worried, my arm got very warm, red, swollen and hard about 3, 4 days after cutting.. I went to a pharmacy, the druggist treated it and told me to observe and eventually go to see a doctor. Was uncomfortable because she noticed that it was self-inflicted and looked at me pitiful.

Last edited:
  • Love
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Perhaps something that's easier to disinfect (metal) and doesn't have the risks of microshards (which I have seen kill people in my time working surgery). They can travel through your bloodstream and kill you. Some people contracted MRSA from cutting themselves with non-sterile objects. Much more painful than the initial cuts.

• Love
Reactions: Meteora and maidens
fatalucia

fatalucia

Jul 9, 2023
i second everyone here informing you of infection, please use something that can be sterilized and/or boiled such as metal. the edge is much finer. if not you should be washing the shard before and after, using rubbing alcohol

• Love