Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
we are already immortals
some of us anyway

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmmm- what biological body? Some other slave race breed or grown in a lab to serve us? Yikes! I hope not! Sounds like more of the same to me. Ever watched the film: 'The Island' 2005?

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Amazon product ASIN 1300335610
This books about that if you're interested. I read it when it first came out... it's not bad... actually decent....if you can find the time and have the right headspace to read that is...I don't really read anymore though...

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
There is a nonzero chance we reach the technological singularity within two decades, which could involve uploading/generating/replicating consciousness. Personally, I think we have a little bit more time. My pet theory is that Isaac Asimov predicted the start of this process being May 21, 2061.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
They do not understand the brain well enough to do this, and I can't see them making such huge leaps and bounds in the next 20 years even. Sounds like a long time, but it really isn't. You might be able to record someone's thoughts in a very bare form - like images or sounds - if you trained a predictive model on people looking at shapes or listening to sounds. But that's a far cry from reproducing consciousness; they don't even understand the mechanism behind how it works in the brain. IMO, this is pure scifi at this point.