Eridanos

Eridanos

Confused
Feb 24, 2020
So my ex girlfriend almost two months ago had sex with another girl.
On the day after she immediately told me about it in tears and seemed like she was deeply regretting it.
I told her I didn't want to talk to her because just the thought of it had me feeling depressed and I had constant panic attacks that continue to this day.
She also tried multiple times to convince me to try everything again, everytime though I always said no and tried to never speak to her.
A few days ago I had a breakdown after I saw her, I had a really really bad panic attack in that moment.
Yesterday she texts me again and then for the first time I actually told her how I really felt about it. In the night we texted eachother I had also drank some shots and told her that maybe we could try to see eachother again after all this time in which I tried to ignore her.

Everyday I think about her and have daily panic attacks.
I don't know if it actually possible for me to get over the cheating even though rationally I think I could, I am afraid though it would just be a facade and everything will be worse.

I don't know if it's gone forever or if it's possible to move on with the same person and have again a relationship with her.

I tried searching somene else in the meantime but my mind always brings me back to her.
She really was someone that actually understood me and seemed like she really cared about it.

Any thoughts or advice? Is it worth to try? Is it even possible to continue a relationship after a cheating?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I don't know. Without knowing more about you two, I can't say. If I were in your shoes, I don't think I could go back. Do you think she prefers women to men?

Reactions: demuic
D

divorceddepression

Jul 1, 2021
Imo:
It's all up to the individual(you). There is no correct answer. Risk is everywhere in life and if you believe relationships are a long term thing: you will have to forgive and forget things you never dreamed you'd have to.

Reactions: Eridanos and Largeletters
G

GenTra

Jul 14, 2021
I mean, I never was in a relationship so I'm probably the last guy you'd ask for advice, but I feel like nothing would kill a relationship harder than being cheated on. My trust and respect for that person would be gone forever, naturally I'd never think about taking someone like that back.

Reactions: demuic and Celerity