• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I am planning on shooting myself with a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot but am worried about relativies who would potentially want to see whats left of me. Is there any reliable way I have of preventing them from seeing my body? If I have to rely on the coroner going above and beyond to save my parents I'll be back to the drawing board.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, Mauve87 and girlsboysthems
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
You should stay away from your family when you CTB so they are unlikely to find you first. If someone else finds you first your family is very unlikely to see your gruesome remains. It's standard procedure for the coroner to ask your family to identify your corpse in a way that minimizes trauma.

Reactions: Mauve87, SpiritualDeath and girlsboysthems
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
What do I do if my family wants to see the whole body though? Is there any way they can be prevented from doing so if they show up to the coroner's office demanding to see all of it? Thank you for your help

Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and girlsboysthems
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
donating your body to science maybe?

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Regardless of whether or not an organization would accept a body from a suicide, wouldn't it still sit in the coroner's office for some time immdiately after the death?

I'd like to prevent my family from seeing my blown off head at all costs but its not exactly like I can get my hands on SN (and it would raise much more suspicion if I screw up than just buying a 12 gauge).

blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
The coroner would not show your relative the site of impact.. i.e your head.. You would be covered and a relative asked if you have any part of you for example a tattoo.. Birthmark.. Piercing.. Or similar that they can I identify you from.. If you want to stop family or anyone viewing you in your coffin then write a note that can be found... Blowing your head off can go terribly wrong... And is likely to damage your loved ones forever if they find you.

Reactions: Blurry_Buildings, hermestrimegistus and SMmetalhead36
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Legally there's probably nothing you can do to prevent them seeing your body in some form. A positive ID if needed will trump the deceased request. An id or take a selfie of you pre-shoot and print it out to maybe use as a way to id the un-targeted area?

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
What rights a corpse has are ultimately very limited to none. Most of it is custom if push comes to shove. Will depend on country I suppose, but here in the UK the family can override wishes in most circumstances.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Fuck. Thanks for your help. I wasn't planning on dying anywhere near my family but it looks like I might have to look into another method if I can't find a better solution. I'm not confident my parents won't demand to see the body despite knowing I've blown my head off.

Blowing your head off can go terribly wrong...
I honestly can't think of any more reliable method than a 12 gauge, but I appreciate your concern.

Reactions: blackwidow
g&hexmhn

g&hexmhn

Nick
Aug 24, 2023
I'm a bit late to this thread, sorry. The only solution I can come up with is to find a place where no one is (an abandoned building for example) and call the ambulance so they can pick up the body. The doctors or whoever is about to arrive might try and stop you, but as long as you shoot yourself before they arrive, I think you should be good :). I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but its the best I got

Reactions: dizzdesi
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I'm a bit late to this thread, sorry. The only solution I can come up with is to find a place where no one is (an abandoned building for example) and call the ambulance so they can pick up the body. The doctors or whoever is about to arrive might try and stop you, but as long as you shoot yourself before they arrive, I think you should be good :). I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but its the best I got
Thanks for your advice. The problem I was facing wasn't that my family would end up finding me immediately (I was already planning on doing it far away) but that the coroner would likely need to show them the body for identification, and that (I found out after spending a while here and elsewhere) they have the right to view my full head/body if they demand to see it.

The information that the coroner usually tries to do identification in a way that is the least traumatizing was comforting, but I decided it would be better to use a handgun, which should hopefully keep most of my head intact. Either way I'm hoping that as long as it is around 2am and in a completely isolated location, the worst that could happen is that I screw up and end up bleeding out over the course of an hour. I'll probably end up wearing a t-shirt and then pouring water on myself when it's freezing cold out just for more insurance.

I realize I should've added more detail to explain this when I first created the thread. Either way thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: g&hexmhn
S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
I am planning on shooting myself with a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot but am worried about relativies who would potentially want to see whats left of me. Is there any reliable way I have of preventing them from seeing my body? If I have to rely on the coroner going above and beyond to save my parents I'll be back to the drawing board.
This is why I'm thinking of ctb somewhere where people are used to seeing it. A police station parking lot, a funeral home parking lot, or even the medical examiner office parking lot would work

g&hexmhn

g&hexmhn

Nick
Aug 24, 2023
Thanks for your advice. The problem I was facing wasn't that my family would end up finding me immediately (I was already planning on doing it far away) but that the coroner would likely need to show them the body for identification, and that (I found out after spending a while here and elsewhere) they have the right to view my full head/body if they demand to see it.

The information that the coroner usually tries to do identification in a way that is the least traumatizing was comforting, but I decided it would be better to use a handgun, which should hopefully keep most of my head intact. Either way I'm hoping that as long as it is around 2am and in a completely isolated location, the worst that could happen is that I screw up and end up bleeding out over the course of an hour. I'll probably end up wearing a t-shirt and then pouring water on myself when it's freezing cold out just for more insurance.

I realize I should've added more detail to explain this when I first created the thread. Either way thanks for your help.
Oh, sorry for missunderstanding. Whatever you decide to do, I hope It works :)