Oct 27, 2020
Even if you live out your life

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
E

eremito

Student
Sep 18, 2019
It is not the the fear of death, not the sadness of leaving this world but the apprehension of what may possibly await me in the life to come. Energy-related collapse?

• Hugs
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I think we are wired not wanting to die .. Whatever be the reason for death . fear of death will always be there

Reactions: Silent_cries, Arvinneedstodie, DFFP and 3 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, I don't have much I want to leave in this world, I don't need there to be a foot print after me (except the carbon footprint unfortunately) I have great things in plan and I don't like living in this world. I'm okay with death and I'm not scared. Part of it probably is that I had 2 "nde" and they made me feel good

Reactions: Silent_cries and Ghost2211
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I don't think its a fear of death. You could hold a gun to my head or knife to my throat, and I wouldn't even flinch. Doing it to yourself, especially in a non-chemical way (gun, hanging, jumping) just goes against our nature to survive.

Reactions: vault, Silent_cries, Arvinneedstodie and 4 others
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I fear and dread life more than death.

Reactions: cscott, Silent_cries, SickBoiKap and 6 others
Shotgunjohn

Shotgunjohn

Apr 26, 2020
i think it stems from our natural survival instinct, its in our dna to try and survive and procreate.

its easy to say you arent scared to die but when the time comes to do it will you still be so fearless..?

id like to believe im not scared but when it comes time to do it im not sure how ill feel. i am definitely more afraid of surviving a failure and being handicapped or a vegatable than i am scared of actually dying though.

Reactions: Pookie and Ghost2211
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Well it must be possible I do not know how though.
Maybe spirituality can help as wecan deny death that way and die.
its easy to say you arent scared to die but when the time comes to do it will you still be so fearless..?
I am scared to kil myself yet have been in very spooky situations where death is likely and never felt scared of it.
Weird a I self harm so why am I opposed to killing myself. wah wah

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I agree with @I screwed up , that we are wired not to die.I will never understand "nature" as far as with us being sentient beings we are so hard wired to live. Maybe i am just stupid is all!!!

• Hugs
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
If you conquer survival instinct it's possible. But lots of survival stuff is hardwired into brain. Also the thought of afterlife/uncertainty around what happens after death scares me personally.

• Hugs
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
If you conquer survival instinct it's possible. But lots of survival stuff is hardwired into brain. Also the thought of afterlife/uncertainty around what happens after death scares me personally.
Whether it's hardwired in the brain by DNA or society it doesn't matter, 20 million people attempt suicide every year in the world so they conquered si . It's extremely hard to do but it can be overcome with a lot of time. 1 million people actually commit sucide or kill themselves every year in the world https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_suicide

A lot of the brain is plastic , neuroplasticity which means can be re hardwired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent_cries and Ghost2211
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Whether it's harwired in the brain by DNA or society it doesn't matter, 20 million people attempt suicide every year in the world so they conquered si . It's hard but it can be overcome . 1 million people actually commit sucide or kill themselves every year in the world https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_suicide
Attempts don't mean anything to overcoming SI lots of people attempt and don't go through with it because of SI.

Also you don't need to overcome survival instinct to ctb and most people don't. They do it by impulse and or ignore it for a few moment.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silent_cries
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Attempts don't mean anything to overcoming SI lots of people attempt and don't go through with it because of SI.
Worldwide One million people suceed in suicide that means they actually do die in suicide every year
And that's with all the legal and social constraints against suicide.

This is a qoute from that article :
" An estimated 1 million people worldwide die by suicide every year. It is estimated that global annual suicide fatalities could rise to over 1.5 million by 2020. Globally, suicide ranks among the three leading causes of death among those aged 15–44 years. Attempted suicides are up to 20 times more frequent than completed ones. "

i'm not scared of death . i will commit suicide : nothing will stop me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silent_cries, I screwed up and Kramer
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I am not afraid of dying or what comes after, but rather I am afraid what will happen to the tiny creatures I leave behind that need me.

there was a time I was cooking dinner and my blood pressure tanked really hard. I have a tendency for a low blood pressure but this time it fell very hard very fast. I got dizzy, nauseous, sweating, heart racing, breathing accelerated, felt cold and shaking, and the world around me started getting kind of bright and fuzzy. I control fell to the ground so I wouldn't pass out standing. As I sat there and just stared up in the space not even processing anymore and the world started blacking away . Being in a non-standing position help to regulate my blood pressure and it slowly went back to a normal state, but in the process I wasn't afraid at all I was focused on how I felt and what was happening and I couldn't process the fact that my system was failing. I think the anticipation of death outside of the process is a lot scarier than the process itself. That experience showed me that the actual process really wouldn't be that bad, and that my brain was just getting me worked up for nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pookie and AutoTap
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I agree with @I screwed up , that we are wired not to die.I will never understand "nature" as far as with us being sentient beings we are so hard wired to live. Maybe i am just stupid is all!!!
Is it really that hard to understand? If death was easy, no species would exist. Whether that would be good or not is irrelevant