Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
It feels like we're kept here by well-placed instincts.

• Informative
Reactions: akana and lobster salad
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
while that is entirely possible, I think most people; especially those on this web site have their mind leaning towards the pessimistic side because of life experience. We know how bad things can get, so it is that worry of death making everything worse, possibility of a miserable 'afterlife' , or other religious indoctrinations and so on keeps us worried and in fear. What if paradise awaits us or eternal pain that is even worse? it makes us evaluate our situation even more to see if we have enough desperation to do a "risky act" for something different than what we face now no matter it's unknown outcome

• Hugs
Reactions: WhitePill, rationaltake and Toxic Positivity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I do believe so. I believe that there is nothing after death, death is true peace and freedom from all suffering. To me, death is all I want as nothing can hurt me then. Humans fear death as this existence is all they know, they cannot comprehend what it is like to not exist. We are also programmed to live and survive. I personally do not fear death, I look forward to death. Instead I only fear life.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
If true that would be nice ngl.

Reactions: rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Yes. Hope it is true.

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I dont think so. Something often has more intrinsic worth than nothing in my book.

T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
No fear of dying, here, but the SN method failing is my fear. CTB and then effing alive.

WhitePill

WhitePill

Pilferer
Jul 27, 2022
while that is entirely possible, I think most people; especially those on this web site have their mind leaning towards the pessimistic side because of life experience. We know how bad things can get, so it is that worry of death making everything worse, possibility of a miserable 'afterlife' , or other religious indoctrinations and so on keeps us worried and in fear. What if paradise awaits us or eternal pain that is even worse? it makes us evaluate our situation even more to see if we have enough desperation to do a "risky act" for something different than what we face now no matter it's unknown outcome
I agree it's definitely possible. A lot of the fear/instinct is the unknown after death, and the repercussions of a failed attempt. The phrase the devil you know is better than the devil you don't rings especially true here. If we were certain of what our existence would look like after we died I'm sure more people would consider suicide as a logical option because then you can easily weigh pros and cons.