kneesocks731

kneesocks731

May 16, 2022
Obviously attempts that involve ODing on most prescription/OTC pills have very little success, I'm sure the demographic here knows that. It's something like 1%.

However, I'm really desperate for something fast, and I don't currently have the money for SN or N (I can't work due to the severity of my mental illness). Is it completely fruitless to attempt pill overdoses? Are there medications with higher lethalities, or quantities where there's absolutely no turning back? It's so difficult to find this info online (for obvious reasons), so I was hoping someone here may have some insight. Sorry if this is badly worded, my brain is so foggy right now… I thought I recovered but here I am again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest and Anarcholoser
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I once planned on OD on Benadryl. Research I have read online says it has worked before. But some people say it gives a lot of hallucinations and bad side effects. I then switched to SN since I was able to obtain it. Investigation must be done however .

Reactions: waitingforrest
Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
Having a successful overdose on prescription or OTC medications seems to be hard to pull off. I guess there are a lot of factors (age, physical health, weight, empty vs full stomach) that play a role in the final outcome. My own experiences:

I tried overdosing on Benadryl since I read it can cause cardiac arrest in high doses, and I already have existing heart problems. I figured that would be an easy death. Unfortunately it did not work, I just felt like absolute garbage and hallucinated for a few days. I know some people have died from overdosing on it though, on even lower amounts than I took, so there is always a chance it could work

My second overdose attempt was a mixture of Lithium and Ativan. I think this attempt may have worked if I would have prepared properly before hand by taking an anti-emetic. I threw up most of the pills once I fell unconscious, but even then I was unresponsive in the hospital for three days afterwards. I would try this method again possibly, if I added a medication like Zofran into the mix.

Theendxx

Theendxx

Flying with angels
Jun 25, 2022
As someone who tried OD'ing on percocet, please don't try this. You could end up with brain damage or worse. I'm lucky to have not ended up with many long term effects but it's not the same for everyone.
It can also be extremely unpleasant. I was throwing up for hours and hours.
Be careful.

• Love
  • Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: outrider567, thricedead and waitingforrest
anerirkateti

anerirkateti

smells bad
Jun 21, 2022
It seems that if SN is an option, it is far more desirable than prescription drugs. For the peacefulness of death and the safety net it "provides" should you fail. Unlike other common OTC meds like Acetaminophen, for example, which would likely destroy your liver permanently if you failed, a pretty common outcome. SN would leave you mostly able to make a full recovery I believe

A

Ashmedai

Sep 21, 2022
I tried with a combination of Xanax and Seroquel. Zero success.

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Short answer is: yes.
Longer one is: affirmative.

Edit: Somebody just died from OD but it was in the range of 20 grams of pure substance. Idk how could one get so much of given drug.

Last edited:
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
If you pass out after a pill overdose you can end up with irreversible nerve damage to a limb from lying on it awkwardly. Just another reason not to try this in my view

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I tried with a combination of Xanax and Seroquel. Zero success.
But if I subtract the Xanax, and add seraquel and sn....I think it would work. At least I certainly hope so.

A

Ashmedai

Sep 21, 2022
But if I subtract the Xanax, and add seraquel and sn....I think it would work. At least I certainly hope so.
Probably depends on SN. Unfortunately benzos were created exactly to prevent the final act… before it was easier with barbiturates.

Reactions: makethepainstop
thebunny

thebunny

be what they fear.
Aug 19, 2022
as someone who has attempted to OD multiple times on OTC drugs, it's not worth it. though there's a possibility, it's a really painful process and could cause serious damage if the attempt fails. imo, it's not worth the risk. i'm sorry that it has gotten go this point. i hope you'd find a more reliable method.

Reactions: Ashmedai
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Probably depends on SN. Unfortunately benzos were created exactly to prevent the final act… before it was easier with barbiturates.
I also forgot to say and adding five THC gummies to the mix. I'd be feeling no pain!

A

alterationitfinds

Sep 21, 2023
3 packets of paracetamol, 40% liquor and aspirin. it does work but it's going to be absolutely excruciating. the alcohol takes the edge off but even with the edge off it's extremely painful. the pain was the reason i was saved. i wouldn't be here if someone hadn't if noticed because i was putting up with the pain. but i was physical writhing so somebody noticed.
does it work? yes
but it will not be easy at all and it will not be a peaceful passing