P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I do not feel any different at 20 years old

if anything the only thing that's different about me is that I care less about things that I would've lost sleep about in my teens and I enjoy black coffee sometimes although it kind of tastes like the smell of a cigarette

I feel behind it feels like everyone's either talking about politics, careers, dating, or philosophical stuff while all I can think of or talk about is cartoons, films, music, and games but also I don't think I'm missing out on anything as far as I know but also I would like to know what every one else it thinking about or talking about in their 20s

is anyone else like this? also if you are in your 20s what have you been thinking about or talking about I am very curious

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, FormerlyFe(IV), LoiteringClouds and 4 others
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I feel and act the exact same way I did when I was 18. I'm 32.

Definitely not normal, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I find people my own age incredibly boring. I still like to stay out all night and get fucked up, or play classic games, binge watch TV series etc. I'll never change.

• Love
Reactions: BornHated, Message In A Bottle, Rocinante and 1 other person
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I honestly think it's normal to feel lost or childish at any age.

• Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), Forever Sleep, psp3000 and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Hits close to home, I used to feel childish. I'm still doing and enjoying the things I did at 14 a decade later.
I'm unsure if that makes me immature, or not. Not that it bothers me much nowadays. Then again I wouldn't say I'm much less mature, socially, or emotionally, than others in my age group. I guess if success is the measurement of maturity then I'm beneath a majority.

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), psp3000 and jaxxon_sunn
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
There is no requirement to start talking about politics and careers at a specific age. If you're interested in that stuff, good. If not, all good too. Besides work, I spent my 20s watching TV shows or playing The Sims with my gf, playing Left4Dead with friends, listening to lots of music, etc. I'm in my mid 30s now and, on the rare occasion I do go out with those friends, we still don't talk about careers or politics. We don't particularly care about those things, or many other stereotypically "adult" topics, so we just talk about the stuff we do enjoy. I don't think there's anything particularly abnormal about that.

• Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), social_anxiety and psp3000
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
To me, politics must be the most absolute boring and useless nonsense that there is. I know nothing about it and I'm not interested in any of it whatsoever. I do not believe in any kind of system anyway, so I do not see the point.

And honestly, the same applies for pretty much everything else you mentioned. My mind is just too tired, too worn out to care about any of it. Philosophy? Don't care. Careers? Don't care. Dating? Don't care. It's already hard for me to care about the stuff that I supposedly enjoy (videogames and such).

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and psp3000
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
i'm 22 but mentally i'm still a teen kinda. definitely not a mature grown ass person, i'm pretty immature honestly

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, I've always been very immature and I'm 43! I value that aspect of me though. I'd like to be more informed- if it didn't require the effort and boredom of reading the news. Really though- I don't feel like I'm missing out. From what I've seen, most adults are just acting like they've got it together. I prefer people who are just honest. Plus- never be ashamed of your interests. What's the point in pretending to like what everyone else likes? You be you.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Daxter_87 and LoiteringClouds