Dec 12, 2021
Title

• Love
Reactions: som1 and ItsMe-Hecked
ItsMe-Hecked

ItsMe-Hecked

Student
Dec 30, 2021
I wouldn't say it's "normal", but it is rational. People suck.

Reactions: DisillusionedDragon, demuic, som1 and 5 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Yes . I absolutely dont want any friends. I had friends in the past and some of it was pleasant and some not but I decided that it is not the lifestyle for me to have or something that i would like to pursue. I dont never could get fulfilled from the interactions and often the effort and headache it takes to make friendships work not make it worth while. Thats not against the concept of friendship though. I think good friendships are essential to a content and healthy life but I am not healthy nor do I have prospects of having a healthy life. I dont regret becoming recluse. It is my destiny. I was made to live like this in the end. I accept my fate. That being said I still have social needs that uncompromisable and I have my family and online friends here to fill. I am grateful for that

• Hugs
Reactions: xrosex, Blondi, demuic and 5 others
divine4u2b

divine4u2b

Dec 14, 2021
I have begun staying away from certain people and nearly all my friends despite not having too many initially. The less they see me now; the easier it will be for them when I make my exit.

Reactions: som1
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
I don't want or need any. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: som1, divine4u2b and Gordy99
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Some people are lone wolf types, nothing wrong with it if that's what you want. Depression can also cause this feeling.

Reactions: LONE WOLF., som1 and Chinaski
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally, I do not want friends. I do not care if that is 'normal' or not, after all what people see as normal is subjective. It is certainly normal for me. I find people to be very tiring, I am very introverted and overall I cannot stand people. People can be cruel and can upset you, so I see it as better to stay away. I need to be alone.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Klee, som1 and 3 others
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
No, it's not normal in the sense that most people do want friends. But if it works for you then don't worry about what's normal. Normal isn't an inherently positive word.

Reactions: Interloper and som1
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Absolutely normal!
Nothing wrong with not wanting friends, all friendships these days depend on mutual interests and there is no such thing as true honest friends.

Reactions: medjooled11, som1 and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Absolutely normal!
Nothing wrong with not wanting friends, all friendships these days depend on mutual interests and there is no such thing as true honest friends.
Friendships also require effort and balance (yet imbalanced ones are the most common), there will always be scuffles at certain points in relationships, and sometimes straight up hell to pay, which is asking a bit much of people who are already paying one devil-with their life.
If it gets exhausting even for people who live a fulfilled and privileged existence, then I imagine it's not very alluring to those of us here who just can't be bothered, there's no room for it, even with people who would actually prefer some companionship.
Nobody else wants to put up with our misery anyhow, they just want witnesses to applaud their fortune and smile in the background while they walk into the sunset.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
It is more like "I don't have energy". I used to have friendship 1-2 at a time. People suck.

Reactions: Élégie, Interloper, PrisonBreak and 3 others
8AEM

8AEM

Jan 5, 2022
It's not a common want.

Reactions: NSA and som1
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Sure, it prevents a lot of suffering.

Reactions: PrisonBreak and som1
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
It's not "normal" in a sense where it's socially acceptable. Though, that doesn't make it bad. People are so hard to understand and they get pissed off at literally everything.

Reactions: Élégie, NSA, som1 and 1 other person
Kalebri

Kalebri

Slave
Dec 18, 2021
I think social media and money destroyed the good relationship between people, so yeah, it's pretty normal to not have friends or having kind of misanthropy nowadays.

Reactions: som1
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Yep LoneWolf by name and LoneWolf by nature!

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, callme and PrisonBreak
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wouldn't say it's normal but just because it's not normal doesn't mean it's wrong either. Then again if you don't want friends why should you even care what's normal or not? Continue to do you and to stick it to normalcy worldwide.

Reactions: Élégie, PrisonBreak and Snake of Eden
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
It takes a lot of effort to maintain friendships. On both sides. I've only had 2 close friends max my entire life. Fuck "normal", we're on a board for suicidal people we're already beyond normal.

Reactions: Élégie, PrisonBreak and GoldLeafIndigo
P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
Friendships are one of the contributory factors that has led me to this point. The first mistake I made in my life was putting a friend first before myself. There's nothing wrong with being a loner. However, we are social beings and having someone to talk with time and again isn't bad either.

• Love
Reactions: Feeding Pigeons
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Personally, I'm tired of being abandoned. Right now I'm doing the bare minimum to keep my very few current friends. When I ctb they will probably hate me too and move on

• Hugs
Reactions: Interloper
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
It's good if you can live without others. Since most people will betray you. The universe is quite evil to some of us the same way it showers others with gifts, or the lucky few who have a good balance.
Anyway. Any human relationship can be bought for personal gain in 98.9% of cases simply monetary value alone will have people throw their mother or son to the wolves.

Reactions: Lost Magic
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I am long disinterested by what's normal if it's not even possible. Some people are terrible enough to be born, live and die alone. Surely it's not normal, because being alone all the time begets mental illness.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
People are fickle as fuck and many just want to take, take and give you nothing back. I'm done with friends (especially so called ones). Dogs and cats have more humanity than so called humans.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious and callme