Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Is it normal for cats to like spicy foods? My cat was smelling my Frito-lay hot fries and he licked one. I pulled the bowl away and he kept trying to get at them. And I remember my last cat liked buffalo wings. Is this normal or do I have weird cats?

the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Cats have tastes like any other animal. Some prefer chicken, others tuna etc.. Don't forget too they don't have sweet tooths so how something tastes to us is completely different to how they experience it.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Cats have tastes like any other animal. Some prefer chicken, others tuna etc.. Don't forget too they don't have sweet tooths so how something tastes to us is completely different to how they experience it.
While this is true I'd recommend against giving them human foods. There are a few exceptions to this with certain vegetables. But generally speaking they have highly sensitive digestive systems and human food may cause a shorter lifespan or complications.

Reactions: the box is empty
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Is it normal for cats to like spicy foods? My cat was smelling my Frito-lay hot fries and he licked one. I pulled the bowl away and he kept trying to get at them. And I remember my last cat liked buffalo wings. Is this normal or do I have weird cats?
I'm no expert, but I've always heard that humans are unusual for liking hot spices. Garlic and pepper sprays are sometimes recommended to repel squirrels and deer from a garden. Maybe your cats are just so fond of you that they want to be like you.