sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Is it justified to ctb because of neurodivergence? I have Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety which make my life miserable. I have social issues and it's hard for me to live in this social-oriented world. Social interaction has always been second nature to me. I just don't "get it" if that makes sense, and yet survival in this world depends on it.

It's like I'm not meant to be in this world, but I'm still expected to contribute to and participate in society. People expect me to try to cope and mask to fit into the world, yet I will never fit into or belong in it. I hate living in a world not built or meant for me. Is being neurodivergent living in a neurotypical world a justifiable reason to ctb?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SparkleWater, jello, Daxter_87 and 14 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Low effort response but yes

Reactions: MelancholyGirl, greenpictureframe, ManchildLoser and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
It's difficult to say what's justifiable and what isn't.

One person that's ND might not have any problems while another might struggle. And of those ones that struggle even though they're all ND (in the ratios I'm talking about), they still have their own personal stories that make their struggles different from the next.

Personally for me, yeah, I'm sick of this MH BS.
But that's just my story, maybe that's not the answer for you.

Reactions: SparkleWater, Forever Sleep and sserafim
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I always find it a little bit silly when people ask if their reason for ctb is justifiable. Not in a negative sense.

It's just that, your life and existence is very personal to you, and to me, seeking validation from others kinda defeats the purpose. No matter what, nobody can judge whether or not the person suffers enough to do it. So it shouldn't matter at all what others have to say.

Reactions: SparkleWater, Mayonaise, Forever Sleep and 11 others
cosmic-joke

cosmic-joke

Pharmacology master
Oct 6, 2023
Is it justified to ctb because of neurodivergence? I have Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety which make my life miserable. I have a lot of social issues and it's hard for me to live in this social-oriented world. Social interaction has always been second nature to me. I just don't "get it" if that makes sense, and yet survival in this world depends on it.

It's like I'm not meant to be in this world, but I'm still expected to contribute to and participate in society. People expect me to try to cope and mask to fit into the world, yet I will never fit into or belong in it. I hate living in a world not built or meant for me. Is being neurodivergent living in a neurotypical world a justifiable reason to ctb?
You need love and support and so do I, I hope you get better I'll be gone very soon my heart hurts for you and everyone suffering on here, all we need is love.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's difficult to say what's justifiable and what isn't.

One person that's ND might not have any problems while another might struggle. And of those ones that struggle even though they're all ND (in the ratios I'm talking about), they still have their own personal stories that make their struggles different from the next.

Personally for me, yeah, I'm sick of this MH BS.
But that's just my story, maybe that's not the answer for you.
Same, I'm sick of this bs as well. Btw what's mh?
Low effort response but yes
Honestly the main thing making me suicidal is Asperger's/autism. I'm sure if I didn't have this then I wouldn't want to ctb. Ugh I hate it so much

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's hard to imagine something more justifiable, barring terminal illness.

Back on the old subreddit an autistic person asked the same question.

One of the wiser members answered:

"It depends on how desperate you are to be normal.

If you can accept you're weird and will always be weird, there are other weirdos out there you can have a good time with. The internet has made this much easier. But if you've spent the past 30 years longing for a neurotypical life, suicide is not a terrible idea.

Therapy won't solve your problems. However, an outside perspective may help you come to a more reasonable conclusion about whether your life is worth living."

I saved that answer because it really spoke to me. It was harsh and unsentimental, but it made me feel validated like nothing else. I was your age so not 30 but already spent a lifetime wishing to be normal.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Forever Sleep, voidstar and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's hard to imagine something more justifiable, barring terminal illness.

Back on the old subreddit an autistic person asked the same question.

One of the wiser members answered:

"It depends on how desperate you are to be normal.

If you can accept you're weird and will always be weird, there are other weirdos out there you can have a good time with. The internet has made this much easier. But if you've spent the past 30 years longing for a neurotypical life, suicide is not a terrible idea.

Therapy won't solve your problems. However, an outside perspective may help you come to a more reasonable conclusion about whether your life is worth living."

I saved that answer because it really spoke to me. It was harsh and unsentimental, but it made me feel validated like nothing else. I was your age so not 30 but already spent a lifetime wishing to be normal.
The problem is that we have to fit into a neurotypical society though, and that this world isn't built for us yet we have to survive in it. Like we need to work for and earn a living in this neurotypical world. I think that if I lived in a neurodivergent world and society, then I wouldn't be suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: jello, ijustwishtodie, MelancholyGirl and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
The problem is that we have to fit into a neurotypical society though, and that this world isn't built for us yet we have to survive in it. Like we need to work for and earn a living in this neurotypical world. I think that if I lived in a neurodivergent world and society, then maybe I wouldn't be suicidal
Isn't that kind of moot? You don't and never will.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Isn't that kind of moot? You don't and never will.
Yeah tbh that's why I want to ctb before 25 (my hard exit point) so I never have to enter the workforce or working world because the world and society are a bad fit for me anyways, and I don't see a point in trying. I don't see a point in continuing to live in a world not meant for me

• Hugs
Reactions: lotus11 and MelancholyGirl
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Since I know that's a big part of what causes you your suffering, ofc! :)

Reactions: sserafim
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Btw what's mh
the amount of abbreviation we use here makes this site as difficult to understand for newcomers as our slang is to our parents lol

Reactions: voidstar, Meditation guide and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Since I know that's a big part of what causes you your suffering, ofc! :)
Thanks for understanding. Ugh my parents want me to do what neurotypicals do though and I think they just don't understand that they shouldn't hold me to that level. They always compare me to the successful neurotypical children of their colleagues (I'm a shut-in/hikikomori failure who failed to launch after college).

I think my neurodivergence actively holds me back from reaching my full potential, being successful, or ever getting a good job or having a good career. I wish the world weren't so social and that things relied less on social interaction.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
N

nepeta

Mar 2, 2023
definitely, this world wasn't built with us in mind so we are destined to suffer at least somewhat. what's justifiable is your choice to make.

Reactions: jello, jbear824, Nefer and 1 other person
near_amour

near_amour

Alone and immortal, nothing needed Him.
Oct 1, 2023
It is purely justified to CTB just by virtue of being a conscious human being, neurodivergent or not.

Having a mental disability isn't the issue here. Because at the end of the day, all humans suffer; irregardless of race, class, neurological status, or how big or small, momentary or indefinite that suffering may be. But rather it is simply the fact that we are all conscious; as consciousness inherently begets any pain and suffering a human will experience throughout his/her existence, whether it be physical or mental. And death alone acts as the sole negation of consciousness itself.

Once one enters the into the everlasting void of nonexistence, there will be no more pain. There will be no more suffering. Only eternal solitude, shrouded within the ineffable depths of darkness.

Last edited:
Reactions: MelancholyGirl
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Thanks for understanding. Ugh my parents want me to do what neurotypicals do though and I think they just don't understand that they shouldn't hold me to that level. They always compare me to the successful neurotypical children of their colleagues (I'm a shut-in/hikikomori failure who failed to launch after college).

I think my neurodivergence actively holds me back from reaching my full potential, being successful, or ever getting a good job or having a good career. I wish the world weren't so social and that things relied less on social interaction.
same! :((( Not being good at socializing is an absolute curse that can practically never be overcome! Especially if one needs those skills to accomplish their goals~

Reactions: jello and sserafim
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
The world is harsh to ND people. But depending on where you live, there are resources to help. You may qualify for disability checks if trying to hold a job would be out of reach. Socially speaking, you can make friends with people who understand you. Some urban areas have groups made specifically for ND positivity.

There is plenty hope you could live happily in society. Fitting in perfectly isn't necessary. I wish it was easier for you.

Reactions: jello
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
You don't need to justify your decision. If your life feels terrible, it is like that and nobody can tell you how you feel.

Reactions: jello
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It is purely justified to CTB just by virtue of being a conscious human being, neurodivergent or not.

Having a mental disability isn't the issue here. Because at the end of the day, all humans suffer; irregardless of race, class, neurological status, or how big or small, momentary or indefinite that suffering may be. But rather it is simply the fact that we are all conscious; as consciousness inherently begets any pain and suffering a human will experience throughout his/her existence, whether it be physical or mental. And death alone acts as the sole negation of consciousness itself.

Once one enters the into the everlasting void of nonexistence, there will no more pain. There will be no more suffering. Only eternal solitude, shrouded deep within the ineffable depths of darkness.
Pain is universal. Suffering isn't. Certainly not the kind of suffering that leads people here! As my post alluded to a good chunk of the suffering autistic people experience derives from the observation that the people around them generally suffer less (in certain key ways).

I think we should be willing to critically examine our suicidal feelings.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm never able to understand what is supposedly so beneficial and valuable about existence that makes some people believe that suicide even needs to be justified, in my case I'd see it as always preferable to not exist. It isn't like death could ever be a bad thing anyway, as after all nobody can suffer from not existing, it comforts me the thought of death causing all future suffering to disappear.

Reactions: Daxter_87
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
Absolutely. We don't have to justify suicide to anyone but ourselves. And sometimes, not even then. Our body belongs to us. Our life belongs to us. We do not need to justify ending it to anyone for any reason. That is the indisputable truth. It's just not how society is run.

But yes, mental health/neurodivergence is just as valid a reason to CTB as anything else is. I mean, if scientists are going to talk about gene editing and shit (basically eugenics) to make sure neurodivergent people aren't born anymore, then the ones that exist and are clearly never going to receive proper care from their society, should absolutely be allowed to leave and have help doing it.

S

silence ends

Student
Jan 10, 2023
Got same things messing my life.
As i said on another similar thread, i simply dont have the minium required qualities to live truly fullfilling life.
Tried to learn and heal.
Tried became tired and there's only one way out of this battle and suffering that's been going on for decades allready.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I also have asperger/autism. I can't even read body language and most facial expressions and it's a good reason for suicide. I don't think I belong on this planet.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I feel like the two main reasons people stay alive are either preference- they see enough good in life to prefer to remain living in it, or obligation- they may not be so convinced about how good life is but they feel an obligation to stay.

I think- the problem with pro-lifers is- they try and convince us of things we don't believe or worse- things we have experienced directly and, know to be false- or at least, the result doesn't fill us with the same satisfaction as it does them.

So- they may believe you could achieve a satisfying life being neurodivergent. They may know successful people who are neurodivergent or they may even be that themselves. If you're not looking to recover though. If you're not interested in trying what they did, if you've already tried what they have and it didn't work out- how is any of that any good for you?!!

They aren't you at the end of the day. How can they make an assessment on what would make your life liveable for you? I'm probably quite neurotypical but I wouldn't appreciate someone trying to tell me what should make me satisfied with my life! What business is it of theirs?!!

The worst of all is when they try and make you feel guilty about it. The whole- there are people out there with your problems and worse and they're doing ok. Again- how does that help you?!! Unless you're actively looking for success stories to be inspired by maybe.

Why should we feel guilty either? Is it my fault these people have worse problems than I do? Not really. If I can suddenly cope in my life- does that mean their life will improve too? No. Can I somehow give my life to them- to let them have a shot at a life with better odds? No. So why are we even talking about them?!!

We can't always change someone's outlook in life. Especially when they don't want to change- for whatever reason- they've tried and failed multiple times in the past, they've tried and succeeded and the 'reward' wasn't worth the effort they put in, or they're simply sick of trying. After that- it just becomes a 'forced' thing which leads to obligation.

I think some people live out of a sense of obligation. It can even be impressed upon us that we have an obligation to ourselves to keep trying. To fulfil our own potential or whatever. I think that concept often leads back to religion- our lives and potential is a gift from God and it's somehow dishonouring them to not do our best to fulfil them. Same deal for our parents. They (should have) nurtured and invested in us and now, we're indebted to them to do well in life.

I guess it depends on your beliefs as to whether you feel the affects of any of that. Personally, I'm not convinced there is a God. I don't think parents should be bringing children here with an expectation that they will either be successful or even be particularly happy or grateful that they were brought here. You'd hope they'd wish the best for their children but ultimately- they're exposing them to so much risk. How much right do they have to expect them to cope with it? Is it right for them to make that person feel obligated to stay when they desperately want to leave? Personally, I'd say- no- that's unfair.

Of course, the other way around though- we may feel obligated to stay. I personally do. It's not so much out of feeling emotionally blackmailed or forced to. It's because I know my suicide would deeply upset my Dad. He's actually a good person and I love him. He did his best. He's already had a load of awful shit to deal with in his life and if I can, I'd rather not add to it. That's for all of us to decide though.

I think you maybe need to ask yourself- what is it that made you ask the question? Why do you think being neurodivergent isn't a legitimate reason to want to CTB? Is it because you yourself think there may still be a way to make life worthwhile for you? Or- is it because- that's what other people have impressed upon you?

depthss

depthss

wikihow
Dec 12, 2023
Yes of course. I have Asperger's syndrome and it's a big reason why I want to CTB as well. There's never a "wrong" reason to want to CTB. If you think it's the best option for you, then that's that

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Fuck yes! Life living as a neurodivergent is absolutely awful and I don't think people can understand just how bad it is until they have experienced it for themselves.. which is impossible if you are neurotypical. Because of my autism, I never made a single irl friend during my entire life and, because of this autism, I have to work way harder than others just to be on the same level