• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I have seen a couple of people who managed to recover from depression while I become even depressed and frustrated in everything.
Today I was being told that I am too young to be depressed about life.
I have been depressed since a few years ago and never once I feel better or even close to it.
Either I feel too numb to think anything or I just feel shitty about everything in life.

What have I done wrong to become like this while others are getting better.
Is it because I don't believe in taking antidepressants that life will magically become better so I won't ever think about how life is not worth suffering for.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, TheDevilsAngel and Tortured_empath
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
No one is too young to have depression. You're not doing anything wrong, either. Everyone is different - different treatments or methods may work on one person and not on another. It is your choice to not take antidepressants and you have a right to feel like this life isn't worth suffering over.

Reactions: puppy9, Thanatos, TheDevilsAngel and 2 others
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
For what it's worth, I don't think anyone is too young to be depressed either. Pain and sadness are relative concepts and are very real for everyone, regardless of age.

As a fellow young person, a lot of the adults and recovered people I have encountered have a tendency to enjoy coming off as wise and experienced, while they see us as the complete opposite. It comes of as incredibly condecending.

Maybe they just have an inherent urge to try to want to share their experience, but if I see my therapist make her stupid pseudo-empathetic wise face again while talking about my depression, I'm going to lose it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 262653, puppy9, Thanatos and 3 others
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I don't want to get better either. Getting better for me means being alone, feeling like a failure, feeling betrayed by everyone, and probably living in poverty. Other people want me to get "better" and live like this while they happily go on with their lives. Just thinking about gives the urge to end it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sever and vulturecyclop
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Mental illness doesn't discriminate

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have seen a couple of people who managed to recover from depression while I become even depressed and frustrated in everything.
Today I was being told that I am too young to be depressed about life.
I have been depressed since a few years ago and never once I feel better or even close to it.
Either I feel too numb to think anything or I just feel shitty about everything in life.

What have I done wrong to become like this while others are getting better.
Is it because I don't believe in taking antidepressants that life will magically become better so I won't ever think about how life is not worth suffering for.

It's idiotic to think people are too young to be depressed. Anyway, have you tried anti depressants? They work.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
It's idiotic to think people are too young to be depressed. Anyway, have you tried anti depressants? They work.
I have tried. One of the hospitals I went to refused to increase my dosage despite not feeling better.
I went another hospital to get another type of antidepressant, it made me feel even worse.
Not sure if I should try to visit another hosptial

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have tried. One of the hospitals I went to refused to increase my dosage despite not feeling better.
I went another hospital to get another type of antidepressant, it made me feel even worse.
Not sure if I should try to visit another hosptial

What country do you live in? Why do you need to go to a hospital instead of just finding yourself a decent doctor? Hospitals are infamous for treating their patients like shit.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I don't want to get better either. It's not a practical decision for me. CTBing is the optimal solution to my problems.