K

killmepls

Aug 19, 2018
Short of running naked into the forest and living like a survival guy forager how can someone get away from people? I just want to run away from my life problems and live by myself in nature. If you go to an eco lodge or whatever you still have to deal with the people you rent from. And plus happy couples usually go to these places which just makes me want to kill myself 10x more. I do not even know where to start trying to rent a farm or country house, plus you have to deal with the landlord. Even if I was in a situation where I could buy a place you do not even actually own it because they government can still do whatever they want with it and you have to pay property tax and you still can be locked up with stupid laws like drug laws even on 'your property'. I have thought of running away to somewhere remote and just living there but there is no freedom in this world and someone will probably come by to make you leave. I'm sure I would get really lonely being by myself after a while but I could get a pet. I am so sick of dealing with people and their bullshit. I cannot have any control over my life in this society I want to get away from it.

Reactions: Leavemebe, user90872, Justanotherconsumer and 4 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I hear you. Alaska would be your best option if in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, shadow11, suffering and 1 other person
L

Living_Ghost

Student
Aug 13, 2018
Move to a really poor country where money goes a long way . I'm sure there are safe places , yet without all the bullshit laws and interference we have in the Western world. I read Russia are giving away a free acre of land to anyone that wants to live in the underpopulated areas . ( May or may not be Siberia )

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Short of running naked into the forest and living like a survival guy forager how can someone get away from people? I just want to run away from my life problems and live by myself in nature. If you go to an eco lodge or whatever you still have to deal with the people you rent from. And plus happy couples usually go to these places which just makes me want to kill myself 10x more. I do not even know where to start trying to rent a farm or country house, plus you have to deal with the landlord. Even if I was in a situation where I could buy a place you do not even actually own it because they government can still do whatever they want with it and you have to pay property tax and you still can be locked up with stupid laws like drug laws even on 'your property'. I have thought of running away to somewhere remote and just living there but there is no freedom in this world and someone will probably come by to make you leave. I'm sure I would get really lonely being by myself after a while but I could get a pet. I am so sick of dealing with people and their bullshit. I cannot have any control over my life in this society I want to get away from it.

Be sure you are not over romanticising this. In the forest you have to deal with hunger, mosquitoes, illness, no one being able to help if you break a leg (then you are a goner), wild animals, thirst, cold and the elements...it is not easy by any means

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Justanotherconsumer, Smilla and 3 others
K

killmepls

Aug 19, 2018
You have to meet very strict criteria for the Russia thing. Yes I agree in less developed countries you have a better chance. Living deep in the jungle where nobody would care might be an option. But it also comes with it's own difficulties. Dealing with the harsh environment and if anyone wants to interfere like drug smugglers, government, corporations, tribespeople.

Reactions: Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
You have to meet very strict criteria for the Russia thing. Yes I agree in less developed countries you have a better chance. Living deep in the jungle where nobody would care might be an option. But it also comes with it's own difficulties. Dealing with the harsh environment and if anyone wants to interfere like drug smugglers, government, corporations, tribespeople.
just keep your little poison bottle close if you break a limb out there.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Justanotherconsumer, Smilla and 2 others
K

killmepls

Aug 19, 2018
just keep your little poison bottle close if you break a limb out there.
You obviously didn't read what I said. Although finding some obscure hard to reach place where nobody would go is a bit tempting in my desperation I don't actually want to do it. I thought I made that obvious.
Short of running naked into the forest and living like a survival guy
I want something like a self sustaining farm. But with that comes A LOT of dealing with people and their bullshit which kind of defeats the purpose.
Who am I kidding if it was actually reachable I wouldn't be on a suicide forum, with suicide as the only real option. I won't bother typing anymore since you won't read this either.

Reactions: lv-gras and shadow11
L

Leavemebe

Aug 27, 2018
I feel where your coming from with this. No matter where we go or what we do, we are always bound by chains. Not even the choice to die on our own terms is even ours, truely.

I'm hoping for an apocalypse. Zombies would make me want to live a little longer. At least then I'd have an outlet for all the barely restrained violence .

Reactions: lv-gras and suffering