sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Is it easier to starve or eat yourself to death?

Reactions: Rocinante
roxx

roxx

Sep 17, 2023
I managed to stay without any food for 7 days. Then all the muscles started to get cramps, your legs can't support your body anymore. So it will take a lot more than 7 days because your body will use the muscles before using your organs to get energy, than you die. From and old reddit post, a guy posted a real fact about a preacher that tried to follow the Jesus Fasting and died before achieving, so you can take it like 15 days perhaps

Reactions: sserafim
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Eat yourself to death? As in eat hamburgers every day till you get a heart attack in in middle age?

Starvation is the literal definition of Tantalus. It will require a determination only a very few could possibly possess.

Reactions: squirley, sserafim and roxx
G

gorb

Sep 22, 2023
starving to death is slow, hard and painful. And it takes up to weeks to die from starvation. Dying from overeating takes like less than a day. it's painful but atleast it's a lot quicker than starving yourself

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I feel like it'd be easier to eat yourself to death. You either take it slow and steady and die of obesity related complications in your middle age. Or you could speed it up by spending every minute eating until you're sick, getting sick, and repeating. Then you'd die of dehydration or a seizure or heart failure. But if nothing stays down, is it eating or starving to death?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I feel like it'd be easier to eat yourself to death. You either take it slow and steady and die of obesity related complications in your middle age. Or you could speed it up by spending every minute eating until you're sick, getting sick, and repeating. Then you'd die of dehydration or a seizure or heart failure. But if nothing stays down, is it eating or starving to death?
What if I'm on the small side tho….ugh I wish I had the determination and willpower to starve to death. Anyways I'm gonna try vsed again. Hopefully I die of dehydration or something

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
What if I'm on the small side tho….ugh I wish I had the determination and willpower to starve to death
I feel like it'd still be easier to eat/purge yourself to death especially if you don't have determination. And same, I don't have it either. But I'm also too lazy to do the latter </3

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Eat yourself to death? As in eat hamburgers every day till you get a heart attack in in middle age?

Starvation is the literal definition of Tantalus. It will require a determination only a very few could possibly possess.
Middle age is not necessary but large size is. There's people under 40 who have died of morbid obesity

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I feel like it'd still be easier to eat/purge yourself to death especially if you don't have determination. And same, I don't have it either. But I'm also too lazy to do the latter </3
Yeah in theory I guess. I have adhd so I have meds but I'm not taking them rn, but I might start taking them again to let me starve to death easier. Issue is they cause dry mouth, which means…water. Ugh I wish I didn't have the hunger reflex. I wish humans weren't such intricate biological machines