J

judithim

Apr 24, 2020
I've been thinking about suicide for as long as I've been alive and I really feel like this, in addition to the fact that a lot of societal structures are on the verge of collapse, means there's no real point in going to therapy/trying other methods of getting better. But my friend says since I've only tried one medication and have never consistently been in therapy, I shouldn't be so close minded. I see his logic, but I don't know who's right. Thoughts?

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, itsamadworld, ghostgirl1995 and 1 other person
casctb

casctb

Stubborn idiot that gives up too easily
Jun 7, 2020
I don't think you are a bad person for wanting to give up, at some point you've had enough. However it could be beneficial for you to seek other ways to get better. Of course this is still dependent on how much you want to change your life or just want to end your pain forever but I do think you should maybe reconsider.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
One of the most powerful things I've read here is that it's ok to change your mind, and its equally just as ok to commit. You do what you feel is right. Don't let people make you think you're a bad person for having doubts about the way things are run.

• Love
Reactions: casctb
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
No honey . You are doing absolutely a right thing that you try to get better .Let me tell you something . i really like to live . if surgeons didn't destroy my face and I didn't look like a monster , i would liked be alive regardless of all the problems that i already have in my life . there is no second chance for me

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I think just managing t breath everyday is trying enough.

I feel thats all I do anyways

I just exist

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Why judge it as good or bad? Or right or wrong?

I think about it like this. Getting better is a summit you may or may not ever reach, so you have to determine not only if it's a summit you desire, but do you actually want to climb that mountain? Because in life, such things are as much if not more about the effort and the experience of the journey than the destination.