Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I want to purchase a gun but I'm scared they'll refuse me or something. I don't have any violent history or stuff like that, so they shouldn't right? I'm still in high school so they could refuse me because of that, but dont plan to use it at school or bring it to school. It's for me only, no one else.

Reactions: The Burning Fool
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Well, yeah. If you meet the criteria then there is nothing stopping you from purchasing a gun (handguns have to wait till 21). Second amendment and all that.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way when you are not even out of high school yet. I know you said you felt a strong compulsion towards suicide. Do you have no desire or hope for life past adolescence?

• Hugs
Reactions: Gloomislost
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Yes,, it is stupidly easy to get a gun in the US

• Love
Reactions: Gloomislost and The Burning Fool
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
The United States of America are THE place in the world where buying a gun is the easiest.

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom, Gloomislost and Sid19
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
Well, yeah. If you meet the criteria then there is nothing stopping you from purchasing a gun (handguns have to wait till 21). Second amendment and all that.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way when you are not even out of high school yet. I know you said you felt a strong compulsion towards suicide. Do you have no desire or hope for life past adolescence?
Well I'm 18 so I guess it's the start of adult hood but being an adult is tough. Plus other stuff that's bugging me.

GrizzlyGrapefruit

GrizzlyGrapefruit

Student
Jun 17, 2019
I'd love to get a gun, but of course I'm in New Jersey!

Most states it's easy to get, but New Jersey is one of the harder places to get your hands on one though.

• Love
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Depends on the state. If you find one that's lax enough (which there are many), then all you need is the money and proof of age. Many are 18, some are 21. My plan is to work past my fear of driving so I can drive a few hours to the nearest state that'll sell me one.

• Love
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
Depends on the state. If you find one that's lax enough (which there are many), then all you need is the money and proof of age. Many are 18, some are 21. My plan is to work past my fear of driving so I can drive a few hours to the nearest state that'll sell me one.
I know Walmart just kinds has them in there, so can I just buy one on the spot?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depends if you goto a store or not I guess. I thought private sales had absolutely no checks at all?

Just like find a seller on Craigslist, take the cash, no questions asked

• Love
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
Depends if you goto a store or not I guess. I thought private sales had absolutely no checks at all?

Just like find a seller on Craigslist, take the cash, no questions asked
Maybe I'll try that, seems easy.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
A handgun won't work?
Yes handgun will work. Check out budd Dwyer video and wpd watch people die website. Imo shotgun or rifle much more powerful though

Last edited:
  • Love
B

Bagobones9

Aug 19, 2023
Depends on the state but as long as you have nothing on record most states you can get some type very easily

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Depends on the state. If you live in a more Republican state then it's probably easier.

Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
Yes handgun will work. Check out budd Dwyer video and wpd watching people die website. Imo shotgun or rifle much more powerful though
Oooooh okay shotguns are more powerful from what I saw.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
3D printers exist.
umm ok. can print the outside. you gotta print the mechanical parts and assemble. can't print a bullet either. just go to a bad neighborhood. am sure someone will sell you one.

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
A response to everyone who is saying its easier in some states. A federally licensed dealer are required by law to do a background check. That would be pretty much any gun store.
Also if you've been committed within the last 5 years, or you've been convicted of a violent crime, you'd fail the background check.
3D printers exist
The schematics for the 3D printed guns are hard to come by and its illegal to have them.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
are you all kiddies? don't need a gun. the bullet is most imporatant

B

BodaFly

Feb 17, 2022
are you all kiddies? don't need a gun. the bullet is most imporatant
Been thinking about this. Some high caliber and a good enough firing mechanism. It's just the testing that I'm hung up on.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Its very easy to get a gun in the US, people are against gun laws there because they want their rights or whatever. You can get the gun very easily if you don't have any history of mental illnesses or violence.

• Love
draekmir

draekmir

I rate life 0 stars
Sep 9, 2023
I want to purchase a gun but I'm scared they'll refuse me or something. I don't have any violent history or stuff like that, so they shouldn't right? I'm still in high school so they could refuse me because of that, but dont plan to use it at school or bring it to school. It's for me only, no one else.
I walked into a local gun store picked out a cheap 9mm for about $150 filled out 2 papers and they looked at my id and walked out the door with the gun

• Love
Ico

Ico

Jun 27, 2023
It depends upon where you live, I guess. I'm in Connecticut, where you have to take a gun safety course and a bunch of shit. Then you have to pass a background screen.

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. Might be better off just booking a flight to Texas

I

idonthaveanother

Sep 13, 2023
A response to everyone who is saying its easier in some states. A federally licensed dealer are required by law to do a background check. That would be pretty much any gun store.
Also if you've been committed within the last 5 years, or you've been convicted of a violent crime, you'd fail the background check.

The schematics for the 3D printed guns are hard to come by and its illegal to have them.
It's illegal to buy N too.

Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Jul 27, 2023
Been thinking about this. Some high caliber and a good enough firing mechanism. It's just the testing that I'm hung up on.
You have to test it?
It depends upon where you live, I guess. I'm in Connecticut, where you have to take a gun safety course and a bunch of shit. Then you have to pass a background screen.

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. Might be better off just booking a flight to Texas
Exactly, I got family in Texas. Maybe I'll get one over the summer.
I walked into a local gun store picked out a cheap 9mm for about $150 filled out 2 papers and they looked at my id and walked out the door with the gun
That seems pretty easy. They won't refuse me for being a student right? Or should I just wait until my senior year ends?

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
IANAL, but I think if you meet the criteria to legally purchase a firearm in the state/jurisdiction you are in, then you should be good. It's probably a bit better to wait until you have graduated high school just to prevent any misunderstanding, just to give the impression that you are independent and going to college or out in the workforce. I doubt they would pry into all the details.

B

BodaFly

Feb 17, 2022
You have to test it?
Well you want to make sure it fires properly before you use it, being a crude device and all. Getting a face full of shrapnel wouldn't be fun I imagine.

MisterOGBongWater

MisterOGBongWater

Student
Aug 30, 2023
Depends on the state. If you live in a more Republican state then it's probably easier.
Idk about that, cities yes but in any rural part of any state anyone can buy a rifle or shotgun same day as long as they have zero priors or institutionalization history. only requirement is you gotta be 18-21 depending on your state but most are 18 new york just raised it this year to 21 tho

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Guns are generally expensive.