• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

yoyowassup35

yoyowassup35

E
Aug 16, 2021
I have been considering hanging as my way out for a while now, however i don't know if it is worth the risk of ending up as a vegetable. I have absolutely no experience with hanging or any other methods. I have never attempted suicide. Apparently hanging has very bad side effects if you fail. According to the wiki you can end up a as a vegetable with brain damage, not being able to move or talk for the rest of your life and will need 24h assistance and i don't want to end up like that. And even tho i might have a good plan i have every reason to think that it will probably fail since there is no guarantee of success and i might end up a vegetable. I could choose another method or wait til my depression gets worse and i push myself to do it dispite the risks. But what would you say? Is hanging worth the risk?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: apathetic., Someone123, ShornSoloists and 2 others
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
If you prepare everything right and not getting interrupted it's really safe, especially if it's full suspension

Reactions: Someone123, ShornSoloists, death137 and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
If you prepare everything right and not getting interrupted it's really safe, especially if it's full suspension
Out of curiosity, as someone who is considering full suspension hanging as a method, what do I need to do/look for to "prepare everything right"?

Reactions: ShornSoloists
mustard_glass

mustard_glass

Aug 10, 2021
As long as no one finds you and tries to "save" you, you should be fine. Learn to tie a slipknot, get a good rope and test your anchor.
Im gonna be doing full suspension too, all that poison/N/SN shit is too much hustle.

Reactions: ShornSoloists and stankboy421
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Out of curiosity, as someone who is considering full suspension hanging as a method, what do I need to do/look for to "prepare everything right"?
Look at the hanging megathread

yoyowassup35

yoyowassup35

E
Aug 16, 2021
As long as no one finds you and tries to "save" you, you should be fine. Learn to tie a slipknot, get a good rope and test your anchor.
Im gonna be doing full suspension too, all that poison/N/SN shit is too much hustle.
That is exactly what i was wondering too. All the overdosing on poison and drugs. Oversosing methods have a very small successrate apparently and i wonder if it is just an overrated method and thats why im very sceptical against those methods. But i have no experience and SN is still an alternative for me. Just not the first alternative tho.
Yea ive heard the successrate is fairly high too. Thx for taking your time to reply tho

Reactions: ShornSoloists and mustard_glass
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
It seems like a lot of people here struggle to get partial suspension and similar blood choke methods to work as planned so I can't say it's super reliable, even though it works for me and it is my chosen method. I think full suspension is guaranteed to work, as long as you can find something sturdy to hang from and you'll be alone for around 30 minutes. Everything else seems to require some practice. Some people have suggested combining hanging with a bag so you'll suffocate even if something goes wrong with the hanging. I suppose this is viable if you can successfully make yourself faint, but being conscious during suffocation is... less than ideal.

Reactions: ShornSoloists
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
There are many threads on this. Please check them first. A solid place to tie off, a strong rope, sufficient height and around 30 minutes alone are the main factors in success.

Reactions: DarkEaterMidir, Solar1703 and ShornSoloists
yoyowassup35

yoyowassup35

E
Aug 16, 2021
There are many threads on this. Please check them first. A solid place to tie off, a strong rope, sufficient height and around 30 minutes alone are the main factors in success.
Thx. Yea i think im going to do full suspension from a tree. Just need a good rope.
It seems like a lot of people here struggle to get partial suspension and similar blood choke methods to work as planned so I can't say it's super reliable, even though it works for me and it is my chosen method. I think full suspension is guaranteed to work, as long as you can find something sturdy to hang from and you'll be alone for around 30 minutes. Everything else seems to require some practice. Some people have suggested combining hanging with a bag so you'll suffocate even if something goes wrong with the hanging. I suppose this is viable if you can successfully make yourself faint, but being conscious during suffocation is... less than ideal.
Thx for the answer. Yea i think i might have a plan. I will do full suspension from a tree in the forest. I don't have a good rope yet but it can't be that hard to obtain one tho. I think i might practice partial just to see how it feels but as you said alot of ppl fail on that. Full suspension will be less comfortable but if i do everything right i should be unconsious in around 10seconds according to the wiki.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShornSoloists, mustard_glass and Worndown
stankboy421

stankboy421

Aug 16, 2020
I have been considering hanging as my way out for a while now, however i don't know if it is worth the risk of ending up as a vegetable. I have absolutely no experience with hanging or any other methods. I have never attempted suicide. Apparently hanging has very bad side effects if you fail. According to the wiki you can end up a as a vegetable with brain damage, not being able to move or talk for the rest of your life and will need 24h assistance and i don't want to end up like that. And even tho i might have a good plan i have every reason to think that it will probably fail since there is no guarantee of success and i might end up a vegetable. I could choose another method or wait til my depression gets worse and i push myself to do it dispite the risks. But what would you say? Is hanging worth the risk?
I know plenty of ppl who hung themselves successfully and none who failed and ended up as vegetables.... just saying. I know its theoretically dangerous, but it's also the most common method. People try to tell you that shooting yourself in the head can fail too, again theoretically sure but realistically people just don't want anyone to CTB.

Remember that wikis can be edited by any rando There's probably plenty of ppl trolling them in the name of being a good pro lifer.
Just had a look at this paper:

"A total of 3698 patients were enrolled in this study. Deliberate self-poisoning (DSP) was the most common method of attempted suicide (66.5%) followed by cutting (24.4%), hanging (7.9%), falling (2.6%), and drowning (1.1%)."

That's not a very high number of failed attempts being hanging... and now let's look at the successes... ok another paper, here in nz where we don't have guns hanging makes up over 60% of suicides for both men and women.

I'm a stats nerd in case u can't tell. But yeah... make of that info what u will.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: apathetic., ShornSoloists, yoyowassup35 and 1 other person
yoyowassup35

yoyowassup35

E
Aug 16, 2021
I know plenty of ppl who hung themselves successfully and none who failed and ended up as vegetables.... just saying. I know its theoretically dangerous, but it's also the most common method. People try to tell you that shooting yourself in the head can fail too, again theoretically sure but realistically people just don't want anyone to CTB.

Remember that wikis can be edited by any rando There's probably plenty of ppl trolling them in the name of being a good pro lifer.
You're probably right. Hanging does have a high success rate i think. Anyways i think that is the way to go i mean if i use a strong enough rope get unconsious and just keep hanging without anyone finding me then what could go wrong?

Reactions: Ixtab
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That is exactly what i was wondering too. All the overdosing on poison and drugs. Oversosing methods have a very small successrate apparently and i wonder if it is just an overrated method and thats why im very sceptical against those methods. But i have no experience and SN is still an alternative for me. Just not the first alternative tho.

Yea ive heard the successrate is fairly high too. Thx for taking your time to reply tho
There is no perfect method for most people, and hanging is one of the highest percentages if not interrupted. For SN getting metoclopramide is a challenge for most people- if you order online without a prescription you could go to jail, which won't make anybody's life better. If your doctor will prescribe it then SN could be worth trying first. After viewing videos of celebrity suicides it is interesting that about half choose hanging as their method, a lot higher percentage than any other method - videos of tributes to celebrities who committed suicide are available on popular video sites- I can't recall any celebrity that tried hanging and ended up as a vegetable, so this seems like a low percentage risk. The highest percentage/ lowest pain ways are not available to most people, such as the drug succynylcholine, which doctors and nurses can access. Fentanyl is very high percentage but most people don't have access to this either- and again, if you try to buy it you can go to jail.

Reactions: Lady black