Mendex

Mendex

The Sleep of reason produces monsters
Jan 9, 2021
I'd rather say that not only mental/physical illness might be genetics. But biological traits without a medical problem behind who have an effect in your appearance.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: insanedoomer, Ame, Wraith and 4 others
littleloup

littleloup

しょうがない
May 28, 2021
I'm actually uncertain as no one in my family has been officially diagnosed with my own diagnose. But from what my family / relatives speak of and from their actions, I think my case would be partial genetic and environmental factors.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith and Mendex
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
YES YES YES. If I wasn't so fucking ugly and disabled, I MIGHT HAVE HAD A CHANCE AT LIFE!

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Largeletters, serengeti and 4 others
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
While it's not the problem that defines me, I am definitely hindered in life due to my physical appearance. And it's not really a genetic issue, it is moreso environmental. I was just unfortunate enough to wind up in accidents, starting from when I was a baby. All of that left me facially disfigured, although it is somewhat minor. But the damage done was enough to take away my harmony, effectively rendering me unattractive. It's no surprise I made it to my mid-20s while never having had a relationship or ever having been on a date or have had anyone ask me out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Wraith, Blondi and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i think so. its difficult to say for 100% but after moving out my mother went to therapy but the only reason i ever heard im fairly confident is a lie. plus looking at her actions. of course after also finding out some of my grandfathers story and im fairly confident i was born with bpd by looking at my past behaviors (even before the depression)....yeah....it all adds up to genetics and i had a very slim chance that was destroyed by my mother.

on a happier note that i thought of this morning, when i was younger 15ish (14-16) i swore id never have children because i didnt want to be like my mother. im still on that boat but for a lot more reasons then just that now (although adoption if i ever get better enough to change my mind) anyway, as most know i adopted 2 cats and theyre my little babies and i love how they always show that they love me back. i got to thinking that they might not be human babies but theyre still my babies and im not that bad of a mom.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wraith and Mendex
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Genetics is what made me ugly

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Wraith, siray and 3 others
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
My mental illness is largely due to genetics so yes

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Wraith, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Yes. I'm ugly and short because of genetics. If I was normal I probably wouldn't plan to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Wraith and Blondi
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Ummm as regards my physical appearance I'm a mess because of my terrible diet and life style but it's not one my reasons to ctb! (although when I got really fast in my 30s, I became more suicidal because of it but now I'm better)

I tend to wonder, why is my mind like this? Am I bipolar because my mother suffers from schizophrenia? Or...is it just me?

I've wished to be normal a few times but then, I realized I'm actually kinda proud of myself because I'm not a goddamn normie.

How could I ignore this weird universe? How could I not think about how ridiculous and nonsense existing is? Something came...just out of nothing? How can people not ask themselves these questions?

• Hugs
Reactions: Mendex and Wraith
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Yes. There is a genetic fault on my mums side of the family . All mental health or heart problems

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, fly away and Wraith
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
Yup.
Because some conditions as being autist increases the risk of suicide about 19%. (Inherited condition).

Then adding another psychological issues (also may be inherited as Borderline- this need environment conditions in order to manifest). So, with this two conditions together the suicide rate is about 40%…

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, fly away and Wraith
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Yes this is definitely the source, genetics, where it all started! I deeply hate my family and everything about them ... their genetics and that of my grandparents and ancestors. and plus they raised me like shit. A perfect match.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
F

fly away

It’s enough
Oct 28, 2020
Genetics and being raised by an unaware Malignant Narcissist.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, The Lonely and Dead Meat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There are various diseases that run in my family, and while I already have health problems which are not linked to genetics, the knowledge that there is having a higher chance of getting other ones, makes me dread the future.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dead Meat
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
Fun Fact:
Im excluded of my family because of the conditions I inherited from them.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: TooConscious, filthyrottendirty, Dead Meat and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Yes genetics is what caused me permanent acne condition. Therefore no social interaction because others socialized me to always be second. I wish to die. I'm traumatized from these events. And I'm traumatized from an ex from years ago. I'm always the last choice because I'm unattractive and because of naivety I'm taken advantage of. I desire to die.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, S like suicide and filthyrottendirty
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
Yup.
Because some conditions as being autist increases the risk of suicide about 19%. (Inherited condition).

Then adding another psychological issues (also may be inherited as Borderline- this need environment conditions in order to manifest). So, with this two conditions together the suicide rate is about 40%…
Thats... not how statistics work.

Reactions: Ame and Mendex
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I think my dopey father couldn't get erect but came after enjoying fish and chips meal and because he had saw an advert on the TV earlier that day he thought it would be cool to have a cute baby so scooped up his seed and pushed it into my idiot mother telling her this magic trick would see her land £108 a week in benefits.

Yes... Genetics were a big problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Seraph_Miku
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I think there is a genetic predisposition.
But the circumstances of life then lead to a corresponding disease.

Seraph_Miku

Seraph_Miku

Angels are real
Jun 20, 2021
I think my dopey father couldn't get erect but came after enjoying fish and chips meal and because he had saw an advert on the TV earlier that day he thought it would be cool to have a cute baby so scooped up his seed and pushed it into my idiot mother telling her this magic trick would see her land £108 a week in benefits.

Yes... Genetics were a big problem.
That sounds harsh...

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
That sounds harsh...
Why speak on a such a response when you don't know the parents. And if you can't empathise with the product of their monstrosity you are a perpetrator.

• Hugs
Seraph_Miku

Seraph_Miku

Angels are real
Jun 20, 2021
Why speak on a such a response when you don't know the parents. And if you can't empathise with the product of their monstrosity you are a perpetrator.
I'd love to listen to you :)