tormented1

tormented1

Feb 25, 2021
if u are a wagecuck, is gameplay when u get home a good cope, or is it just for temporary. i feel like this cant go on forever. 1 day i will stop coping and perish

• Hugs
Reactions: Makko, Arvinneedstodie, doge and 5 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
if u are a wagecuck, is gameplay when u get home a good cope, or is it just for temporary. i feel like this cant go on forever. 1 day i will stop coping and perish
Can anyone translate to English please?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: yeahwellso, fastFWD, WornOutLife and 3 others
EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
Can anyone translate to English please?
Lol, I think he means if you work a 9-5 job or something similar, do video games help with coping.
Yeah, sort of. For me video games loose their draw after playing them for a bit or if I'm not with a friend or something. Most days though I'm just too tired or cant be bothered to boot up my games on pc or console.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, NodusTollens, botanormal and 3 others
C

CosmicVoid

Jan 20, 2021
When I was working a 9 to 5 office job I'd play Dota 2 or other online games once I was home, however it felt terrible because I only had like 5 hours of free time to myself and spending them on playing games just felt guilty, on top of that when you're playing time passes so quickly that you don't even notice that your free time is over and you have to go back to work usually sleep deprived because you stayed up late to compensate for the time you wasted. So, no, I don't recommend playing as a cope, you'll feel guilty and bitter; better do something that can advance you in life and maybe let you no longer be a wage slave or at least have a job you enjoy, like learning useful skills or trying to start your own business

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, it's_all_a_game, EdibleGasMask and 4 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Back when I used to work more, there was nothing I enjoyed more than coming home from a long shift, cracking open a beer, and mindlessly playing a game for a few hours, before I had to go to bed and do it all over again the next day. I was always really tired after shifts, but I chose to play at least a few hours every day, so it didn't feel like my life revolved around working. It's not like I had anything better to do, and it was something to look forward to at least, so it gave my life a bit of routine. But to each their own, these days I can never be bothered to boot up my games, like @EdibleGasMask said.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: fastFWD, Disco Biscuit, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I know someone who just spends his days playing FFXIV for hours to cope with his depression and traumas. While it seemingly works for him, I can still tell he's deeply scarred behind his facade. I'd recommend taking up a craft. If you're good at it, you'd eventually would gain the skills to stop being a wagecuck if that's what you'd desire.

As for me, I'm often too exhausted to play games for more than an hour these days. Or really do anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, EdibleGasMask, fastFWD and 3 others
fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
gaming was def one of many forms of coping that i used to get away from reality. it also kept me out of trouble at the same time. i used to play WoW for the community involvement and TERA just for the aesthetics. I'm going to install both again this weekend after a computer reformat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Makko, EdibleGasMask, botanormal and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
It helps me when I can find a game that appeals to my tastes. It's not often, unfortunately.

Reactions: fastFWD, botanormal and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
The last game I mass played was Star Trek online Or Battlefront 2. Can't really remember. I tried Elder Scrolls online but didn't get far. Christ the combat in that game was janky.

Reactions: botanormal and Makko
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I choose to browse SS, meditate, take walks, do chores and hit the gym instead of gaming. It's a real time stealer. I spent about my entire free time gaming from the age of 12 to a week ago. Is extremely easy to stop doing though, anhedonia can be a great asset.

Reactions: 262653, SmellyRat, NodusTollens and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've been working lots this week so this weekend I'm gonna enjoy my time playing FFVIII, a classic (and one of the best) RPG.

• Love
Reactions: fastFWD and botanormal
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Definitely legit, not sure what I'd do without it.

I've also just started geocaching, has elements of gaming but in the real world.

• Love
Reactions: Makko, NodusTollens, fastFWD and 1 other person
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Its the only thing i do really and i start streaming too ( without facecam because im deformed) but atleast maybe i find some friends that way

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: fastFWD and NodusTollens

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Gameplay was cope for me since age 8, not just cape cope but bubble kind of cope. It was the only thing I was looking towards whenever doing anything else. It doesn't feel worth the while from the perspective of my current self. The regret won't allow me to spend too much time in games nowadays. The regret does a similar function here as to the mafia does by punishing the defectors of prisoner's dilemma.
It ensures that I'm not sticking to a shitty strategy by offsetting its benefits with unpleasant feelings.

Reactions: Makko
Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
I love video games. I grew up with them and I've made some of my best friends through them. Some for 2-3y and one of my best friends for 6-7. I also simply love playing games. Not now, but I used to work those long shifts. I loved my job though. If you're only playing games to numb yourself and not actually having fun, perhaps it's time to stop. One friend I have decided that it wasn't enjoyable to him anymore and that he wasn't fulfilling his want of what he could be doing in life. He doesn't play as much anymore but he's doing better and endures a job that makes him money that he's happy with. He's currently doing music as a hobby which he loves. The bottom line is if you're not enjoying actually playing the game simply because it's fun. Then I'd say find a hobby that you enjoy. At one point, reading was a great way for me to escape into a different reality while also being something I enjoyed. Whatever happens, I wish you the best. :)