S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
For people who cant compress their carotids with partial or even their fingers? Will Full Suspension guarantee carotid compression. According to Working Group on Human Asphyxia, the consensus is that you lose consciousness in 11 seconds...11 seconds of pain is nothing, I can take that..however, there was a video on this forum of a woman who struggled for minutes during full suspension. I am afraid of that...This is my only method for now. Help please. Thank you.

Reactions: Rabitfever, Djfrend and Noisette
chumley123

chumley123

Mar 26, 2020
There's no such thing as a 100% guarantee this this case if your found shortly after you loses consensus it's relatively easy to be "saved".

SummerDreamer

SummerDreamer

Jun 1, 2020
what video was this? Are you sure it wasn't just convulsions?
I'd say as long as you have strong enough rope tied to a beam that can hold your weight, the only risk of failure is being found.

Reactions: Noisette
D

deedee0225

Feb 29, 2020
Yes, I believe I have seen that 1 video of a woman struggling. And it didn't look like convulsions, the movements were too wild and uncoordinated for it to be. Convulsions actually look quite pleasant and peaceful, This was not. So I'm not sure what she did wrong. But for every one of these there are dozens of videos of successful CTB where the person just looks like they went to sleep almost instantaneously. 11 seconds even sounds too long. Or at least, I haven't seen anybody able to struggle for that long after they kick away the chair/stool. Usually there is no struggle at all.

Reactions: mopeyD, CC123 and Noisette
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Have you tried getting your heart rate up so it can be easily located?

But the woman in that video had her hair inside the rope and I think that is why she became aware. But all the other videos I have seen people have passed out within 8-15 seconds. I don't think I have seen a pass out longer than 20 seconds.

You will still need 30 minutes for it to be safe. So if you get interrupted between that time you can still be saved.

Though for the most part if you use a rope and put it above adams apple you should pass out. You will know if you're doing right straight away after you step off the platform. I would recommend having a stool or something you can stand on if your vision doesn't go black after 10 seconds. If you feel your head exploding it's because you compressed veins not arteries.

Reactions: mopeyD, Noisette, deedee0225 and 1 other person
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
i don't know the reason. bur i watched a video from death penalty with hanging that he was conscious and suffering for more than a minute

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
If the rope is strong and tightens properly, the ligature is strong and you don't get interrupted, it's safe to assume you will die using the method. It's all about planning.

Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020
For people who cant compress their carotids with partial or even their fingers? Will Full Suspension guarantee carotid compression. According to Working Group on Human Asphyxia, the consensus is that you lose consciousness in 11 seconds...11 seconds of pain is nothing, I can take that..however, there was a video on this forum of a woman who struggled for minutes during full suspension. I am afraid of that...This is my only method for now. Help please. Thank you.
If u don't know ur sweet spot already there's 50% chance that u'll struggle for minutes, I'd say to figure out a tie that lets u pull the rope any time and make u drop while still being safe if u lost consciousness.

Last edited:
S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Have you tried getting your heart rate up so it can be easily located?

But the woman in that video had her hair inside the rope and I think that is why she became aware. But all the other videos I have seen people have passed out within 8-15 seconds. I don't think I have seen a pass out longer than 20 seconds.

You will still need 30 minutes for it to be safe. So if you get interrupted between that time you can still be saved.

Though for the most part if you use a rope and put it above adams apple you should pass out. You will know if you're doing right straight away after you step off the platform. I would recommend having a stool or something you can stand on if your vision doesn't go black after 10 seconds. If you feel your head exploding it's because you compressed veins not arteries.

I can go dizzy sometimes very quickly with my fingers...I am assuming thats my sweet spot...but, sometimes, I swear I press on the same spot and nothing happens...just my face gets hot and I can feel the blood going back to the brain...so, I am pretty sure its compressible with my anatomy...but, I want to do full...not partial..

would it help, if I lose some weight..the lesser the diameter of the neck, the more it would be compressible...although I am not fat.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
When you say ''dizzy'' is your vision going black? Try leaning your head back. It might help expose the arteries. For losing weight it depends on how much fat is on your neck. If you're vision isn't going black you might just be compressing your veins. Don't stress I couldn't find my carotids for the longest time but when I found them it was easy for me to find them every time since.

Have you tried light exercise (a few pushups or jumping jacks, anything really) and then trying to feel the pulsing in your neck?

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
When you say ''dizzy'' is your vision going black? Try leaning your head back. It might help expose the arteries. For losing weight it depends on how much fat is on your neck. If you're vision isn't going black you might just be compressing your veins. Don't stress I couldn't find my carotids for the longest time but when I found them it was easy for me to find them every time since.

Have you tried light exercise (a few pushups or jumping jacks, anything really) and then trying to feel the pulsing in your neck?

My pulse is already very strong...no need for light exercises...vision does starts to fade...but, I never went all the way...I think, its doable...

Reactions: lostangel
D

Djfrend

Jun 22, 2020
My pulse is already very strong...no need for light exercises...vision does starts to fade...but, I never went all the way...I think, its doable...
Have you got ligature above larynx? ..i always assume people do if they are thinking of doing full suspension.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Majority of ctb cases in India is by hanging ... Including celebrities choose this method .. Guess this is the method to go

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't think any method is an absolute 100% guarantee (barring some exceptions) as there are ways it can fail, such as ligature breaking, the support beam (the thing where you hang the rope/ligature from) can break, and/or getting found before fully succumbing to death are just a few ways of failing. Furthermore, I believe with any method, if done improperly, could also lead to painful last moments and/or survival with permanent damage.

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
it's not easy to save a person who has lost consciousness after an attempted hanging, if someone finds you, he must still be quick.
there are cases of people who were discovered and rescued by ambulance, but still died in the hospital.

Reactions: TAW122 and I screwed up
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
it's not easy to save a person who has lost consciousness after an attempted hanging, if someone finds you, he must still be quick.
there are cases of people who were discovered and rescued by ambulance, but still died in the hospital.
That may be true, but a story like this (see below):

is still something that I would rather not risk having to happen. If there is a small but realistic chance of survival but with permanent damage and becoming a vegetable, then it's still too much of a risk for me to take.

N

nightquest00

Jul 20, 2020
Quick question: I can feel my carotids quite well with my fingers (I actually can feel my heartbeat very well is most my body - pulse, belly, even some weird spots such as between my thumb and index finger).

But it does not matter how hard I press my carotids, I never feel dizzy. I do start feeling my head a swelling a bit which my imply I am pressing some veins in the process.

Also usually after I let go, I do feel sore around my adams apple/traquea, even though I am pressing above the adams apple.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Going by the videos I have seen, as long as nothing breaks, it is pretty much guaranteed.

Reactions: Leshen